(for Mac) - besides PS & PSElements....?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
chaloots
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

(for Mac) - besides PS & PSElements....?

Post by chaloots »

The CoreDuo Macbook (2GB memory, Leopard 10.5.3) I currently use has the latest, full versions of Graphic Converter and Pixelmator installed on it. Having used some of the wonderful free plugins Harold has graciously made available with Irfanview and PS on a previous computer (a PIII Dell) in the past I'm considering the purchase of Plugin Galaxy for Mac.

I've read the suggestions of running PS in Rosetta on similar systems but for economic reasons I'd like to stay with the two apps mentioned earlier and would welcome any suggestions/tips/hints from any other forum users on whether or not Plugin Galaxy would be compatible with what I have installed.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Pixelmater does not support Photoshop plugins as far as I know. The last time I investigated Graphics Converter, it only supported PowerPC versions of Photoshop plugins. Not sure if that has changed. I am also not sure if Plugin Galaxy will work in Graphics Converter. Please download the demo version of Plugin Galaxy and test it yourself.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

After reading the above I tried to get plug-ins working in GraphicConverter 6.1, but could not. I'm working on a G4 PPC/Leopard right now.

When the latest ColorWasher was loaded, GC would only display its various language text files under its Effect>Plug-in Filter menu. No other plug-in, PPC or not, would display under that menu heading. I'm not sure what the problem is here (I tried two different Application Support>GraphicConverter>Plugins locations, System and User).

Pixelmator 1.2 only launches to empty white tools, palettes and dialogs on this system, whereas earlier versions worked...

BTW, both of these apps do access Apple's Core Image filters, which is nice (Photoshop does not even do this!).

I guess I'll try all this again tomorrow on my office MacPro (Intel)!
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com