LucisArt (classic) returns!

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

LucisArt (classic) returns!

Post by plugsnpixels »

I just got word from the developer of LucisArt that the classic (ie, less expensive) version of the plug-in will again be offered for sale starting this Thursday (July 27, 2008)!

Heavy response to its discontinuation and the fact that the upcoming Lucis Pro 6.0 only runs on Intel and not PPC Macs (but of course Vista and XP) prompted this change in policy.

This is good news for those of you who were trying to find a copy of LucisArt but couldn't.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Turns out the old LucisArt 2 will be around at least until the end of this month.

The latest development regarding LucisArt 3 (planned for late September) is that there will be two different versions (Enhance Detail and Special Effects).

See more details at the top of the page and under the blue heading here.
www.plugsandpixels.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Oh boy, these guys will be doubling the price with Version 3. If they would have abonned the non-Pro version as they initially planned, they would have trippled the price. Additionally after three months they ask for $20 if you lost your serial number. These guys really want to make money.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Yes, ICT is consciously focusing on the high-end wedding and portrait studio market, who have already expressed interest in the upgrade. And LucisArt's developer is a one-person business, so she's got to recoup her development costs, which I understand are pretty steep.

At the same time, the pro-level pricing is causing home users to look for alternatives to creating the Lucis look, such as PhotoWiz ContrastMaster and Topaz Adjust, among others.
www.plugsandpixels.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Lucis Art takes less than half the work that it needs for one of my PhotoWiz plugins if you compare the features. I am also more or less a one-person business and and I am offering each of my plugins for the fraction of the price of Lucis. So you cannot tell me the price increase comes from increased costs.

But you are right. Their strategy will probably backfire and get more people looking for less expensive alternatives. So I guess I should be happy about their price increase :-).

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

I just pass on what I'm told ;-).

And yes, PhotoWiz products have an incredible amount of control over the results, so you indeed offer a great selection of software at decent prices.
www.plugsandpixels.com

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Update:

LucisArt 2 is only going to be available until Monday, September 15.
www.plugsandpixels.com