The return of buZZ simplification effects: Topaz Simplify

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

The return of buZZ simplification effects: Topaz Simplify

Post by plugsnpixels »

Artists who enjoyed the buZZ simplification effect (which has not been available for some time since the company went out of business) will be glad to see the return of the effect (done even better!) in the upcoming Topaz Simplify.

Simplify is in public beta testing now and can be downloaded and used for free (Windows only for a couple of weeks).
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

It may not be related to the memory issues, but there is a known issue with the Intel OpenMP library Topaz Adjust uses for multi-processor support. ie, if another plug-in also accesses it, there is conflict and PS crashes (because the lib access is not released until PS quits). Supposedly this is an Intel-related bug.

I have been given an alternate version of the lib file that I have permission to share (at least for Mac) that resolves those crashes, while removing MP support.

BTW, I run all Topaz filters in Windows XP Pro under emulation on my Macs, and natively on the Macs when available, and have never had the memory problem (but I did have the lib-related problem, now fixed).
www.plugsandpixels.com

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Simplify just came out of beta with the final version now available.
www.plugsandpixels.com