Page 1 of 1
Free beta test: Topaz Detail
Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm
See this page
for info on the new Topaz Detail plug-in and a link to download the Windows beta (Mac version coming Wednesday).
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:34 pm
Beta 2 is now available (I revised the link).
From the developer:
"You have to un-install the Detail beta1 before installing beta2.
The changes are:
1) Crash ("unsupported operation"): fixed, we believe.
2) SPEED: increased the pre-processing speed 50%~100%, depends on your CPU (on a quad-core i7, I can do 10MP image within a minute).
3) Fixed the bug that causes bad blocks in preview.
4) Greatly reduced the memory use. Can process larger pictures.
5) Changed the label of the Tone sliders (no functional change)."
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:26 pm
The Mac version is now available.
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:16 am
are now out (Windows b4; Mac b3).
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:09 pm
Beta 5 for Mac
is just out, solving both a multiprocessor crash issue and related compatbility issues when using other developers' plug-ins in the same session. Also, it seems a lot faster!
I'm labeling the beta numbers on the page now so I won't bug you each time there's a new one (just watch the page and remember which beta you last downloaded).
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 pm
Beta testing is over; Detail
was just released this morning (individual plug-in and as part of the suite).