ASFROC

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Anne_B
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

ASFROC

Postby Anne_B » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:44 pm

I'm using ROC in Photoshop 7.01 to bring out details in shadows and also dark photos from my Canon D30. I've noticed that there is a lot of noise in these photos after using ROC. It's more noise than when using Levels. But using Levels isn't enough for the details. I've been trashing these dark photos in the past and was hoping ROC would help. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way. Any advice would be appreciated. :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:59 am

I have noticed this problem of ASF ROC, too. It also extremely overdoes the contrast on some photos.

Please have a look at our ColorWasher product at
http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/

ColorWasher doesn't have these problems.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:11 pm

Only problem with Color Washer is that it isn't made for the Mac.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:18 pm

I see. It will still take some time until a Mac version of ColorWasher becomes available.

The only other color correction tool for the Mac that I can recommend is iCorrect from Pictographics. It doesn't have the noise and contrast over-amplification problem, but iCorrect sometimes makes it more difficult to remove color casts as you have to do it manually. iCorrect is also much more expensive.

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”