Need PSP plugin to glimmer part of an image

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
xkey
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Need PSP plugin to glimmer part of an image

Postby xkey » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:50 pm

i am loathing having to help her out by going to a gif animation program.
i would rather have a plugin that creates a series of frames just based on varying a color gradient slightly for a given polygonal shape and saving those into one gif image thus creating a "glimmering" effect.

i am not an artist by any means just a programmer/mathematician so I hope you gather the effect i am looking for.

she has this star of david with text inside it .. nice coloration to everything
BUT she wants the outer edge of the start to glimmer slightly [as if water was passing over the edge to change the color gradient slightly]

parts of the star of course are slightly different in color as well ...
(she has a color gradient in effect from point to point of the star)

any free plug-in for PSP that will give me that effect ?

[am NOT talking about a FIXED frame color-gradient effect either. basically she wants this thing to keep glimmering in real time... i could do a javascript for it on a webpage (but that would take me a couple days) and i probably would have the ENTIRE image "glimmering" unless i really did a lot of code and she does not want the text inside the star to glimmer only the edges ]

i really dont have the psp nor artistic expertise to do what she wants ERGO
looking for a plug-in/filter .. SOMETHING that will do this saving me massive time.

tia
c++ya,
xkey

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:07 pm

I'm not sure who you are refering to with "her", but anyway I will try to make some suggestions:

For animated effects my first choice is After Effects. I know this application is very expensive, but you can do many animated effects with it without any additional plugins.

There are no plugin fo PSP that do animated effects with the click of a button. That's because PSP's AnimationShop has no plugin support and PSP itself can only use Photoshop plugins which only render one image at a time.

But you can render different images in PSP (wether you are using a plugin or not) with slightly altered parameters for each image. The you can use Animation Shop turn the different image to an animation.

I hope these hints help.

himself0314
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Postby himself0314 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:11 pm

maybe this will help on a per frame basis

http://www.axionfx.com/products.asp

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”