Mura's Meister shuts down PSP

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Nicole
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Mura's Meister shuts down PSP

Post by Nicole »

Hi, I had to do a system restore recently on my comp (running Windows 7 32-bit). Before the restore, I was able to use Mura's Meister filters in Paint Shop Pro. After the restore however, whenever I try to run the filter, it will cause PSP to shut down. I've uninstalled both PSP and the filters themselves, and have even installed the .dll files, but nothing is working. Is there something else I need to do to get the filters to work? Thank you for any help!

Nicole

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please put PSP on the DEP (Data Execution Protection) exclusion list. For plugins like Mura's you can also use FM Patcher (http://www.filtermeister.com/fmpatcher/index.htm)

Nicole
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Nicole »

Thank you for your reply. I got the FM Patcher installed and got Mura's to work for a few days. However, when I went to use the filter earlier today, it once again caused PSP to shut down. I haven't changed anything on my computer and cannot figure out why this one filter is causing PSP to crash.