Unregistering Flaming Pear Plugins...

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Cam2

Unregistering Flaming Pear Plugins...

Post by Cam2 »

Has anyone discovered how to unregister a corrupted flaming pear plugin?, this is required to remedy the issue mentioned in previous posts
in this forum, especially the non working issue of updated plugins which appears to corrupt and render some of the plugins useless, rather like a non fuctioning demo. Obviously it must be in the registery and doing a search for one or the other named plugin can yeild some listing but i would be curious as to the exact filename to remove in order to re-register once more. Cam2 :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Just for information. Other posts about this topic can be found at

http://www.graphicsgalaxy.com/forums/th ... c.php?t=84

llanita
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

SuperBlade Pro Problem

Post by llanita »

I am having the exact same thing happening to me only with SuperBladePro. It acts like it's doing what it's supposed to, but when I click on OK nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling then re-installing and it happens again. It must be a corrupted file because it has been working normally for ages, with windows 98 and now with windows XP, then it stopped working.
I don't have any idea how to go about finding the registration file in the system files. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about solving this? Thanks

himself0314
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by himself0314 »

maybe this would help:

http://4dev.com/regc/index.htm

gina

superblade pro

Post by gina »

Hi,

I have the same problem with superblade pro 1.07. I bought a key recently for superblade and flood. Flood is still working ok but superblade doesn't. I tried the web crawler software but to no avail. Anything else that could give this problem?

gina

gina

working again

Post by gina »

Hi people,

I've tried everything to get superbladepro working again and for now I seem to be getting some luck! I tried installing superbladepro on my son's computer in paint shop pro 5.03 and it came up with the same settings when I clicked the dice. It didn't work ! So I changed the preset and for now with different presets it seems to work again. Hope it'll still be ok tomorrow!!! Perhaps with some of you the same solution works!

gina

Cam2

Latest flaming pear plugins

Post by Cam2 »

Going to the Flaming Pear site and seeing the latest versions of their plugins, i can say that if you have previously installed and registered any of them.. prior to these latest versions, then you will almost certainly encounter the problems in question from one or the other. The Designer Sextet which includes Aetherize has been the most troublesome, infact all the plugins which make up the Designer Sextet will fail more often than not by some quirk relating to issues of registration. With the New Creative Pack, one key registers all, this appears to be the method adopted for sets of plugins when purchasing. Other singular plugins in the Flaming Pear product list can be variable... Flexify is fine, Flood is so so, Hue and Cry.. just like the Sextet, Mr Contrast.. same as Hue and Cry etc etc. My investigation leads me to think that when you registered during earlier versions this obviously seems to have set the registration from which the latest versions clearly cannot recognize the fact, so appears registered but inoperative. I still havent tracked the exact file or location in the registery that it writes in when registered, find this entry and then you can probably re-register and the trouble would be sorted. Cam2 :(

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I just posted a message to Flaming Pear about this topic. Hopefully they know a solution and will post it here.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Here's what Lloyd Burchill from Flaming Pear wrote:

"Thanks for the heads-up. The problem described arises from using a
bad registration code. Customers can write me for new ones."

So everyone who has this problem, please write to Flaming Pear and request a new registration code. Please supply your order information when asking for the new reg code.

Gina
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Gina »

Hi folks,

I just posted an request to flaming pear regarding the superbladepro problem because after re-installing and working for 1 day the result fell to zero again. The problem with a new registration code will be that you can't re-enter the new code because the button "registration" is not visible anymore. So we'll wait and see. I did mail them last weekeend but didn't get an answer yet so after Harald's intervention our luck may get better :D

Gina
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

reply flaming pear

Post by Gina »

Hi,

yesterday I sent a request to flaming pear through my purchaser and mentioned Harald's contact wit Lloyd. I immediately got a message back with some exe files to reset superblad and flood. I used them and sofar everything seems to work. Thank you very much Harald and Lloyd :wink:

Cam2

At last the solution....

Post by Cam2 »

I`m glad this issue has been sorted because it has been a complete frustration to all registered users of Flaming Pear plugins. My guess is they probably did a clean sweep of all previous serial numbers. So now they can offer registered users the reset executable programs for specific plugins and a new serial to first reset the plugin and then re-register. Cam2. :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Is this reset program downloadable somewhere or did Flaming Pear send it to all of their customers?

Post by Guest »

HaraldHeim wrote:Is this reset program downloadable somewhere or did Flaming Pear send it to all of their customers?

I believe FP will give a specific reset program to all those who go to the site and can provide details of their registration, and have been affected by the recent purge of unofficial serials in the new updates of the plugins.

So if you have Designer Sextet under a previously "legal" registered version then you would be furnished with the specific reset program and
a new serial number(s) for the plugin(s).

I can understand them doing this, i personally think it`s like using a hammer to crack an egg and could see easier methods of protecting products than risking the loss of customers through this method.

As far as the reset programs go, these are small executable files that will reset specific plugins in order to re-register with a new legal serial that one acquires from them. I would guess these resetters are probably available for the price of a search in any engine, although it`s not clear if FP frown upon this or care only that people are using legal serials and the company get their income one way or the other.

Cam2 :roll:

superblade pro

Post by Guest »

I only got .exe files for superbladepro and flood but I could use my original number I got when I purchased the plug-ins

gina

mairead

Flaming Pear

Post by mairead »

I had some problems originally with some of the Flaming Pear [FP] plugins similar to the ones described here. Deleting the plugin's cached settings fixed the problems but it would happen again. Then I noticed that the problem only occurred if I used other non-FP filters on the same image. Now I close down the image after using a non-FP filter and then re-open it and use Flaming Pear filters and they always works great.

Hope this helps,

Mairéad

Post by Avatar_of_Live »

I have the same problem but i'm at the trialphase. :(

dbpvr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by dbpvr »

well FP can go to h.. does anyone know of a simular plugin as Mr contrast that is worth buying