Page 1 of 1


Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:16 am
by TikvaShalom

I am fairly new at all this but learning much as I go.
I am working on a room for a web site that I reconstructed piece by piece. I need to add the wood floor without it being too large, or not matching.
I just found out Photoshop elements 8 has tools to recompose an image/photo, protecting what is to be kept and discarding what is to be discarded.
Is there any kind of plug in for this or am I going to need to upgrade to another version of photoshop.

Re: Newbie

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:50 am
by DBKettrey
The Recompose Tool in PSE 8 (and also in PSE 9) uses a technology called "seam carving" and "content-aware image resizing".

Yes, there are third-party plugins available that will allow you to do the same thing in your current version of Photoshop. You can go to and check out their "Photo Scissors Pilot" product. Also, provides a very similar program called "Image Resize Guide". I have purchased these plugins from them.

There are also other programs from various vendors that do the same thing.

Try an internet search, using the terms above. This will lead you to these products, as well as to in-depth information about the process.

(Harald, if you're reading this, I hope you will forgive me for using your Forum to direct someone to a third-party commercial website. I just wanted to be helpful and steer the individual in the right direction. Thanks Harald!)