pillow gradient

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
studio3d

pillow gradient

Post by studio3d »

I used to use Kai's Gradient Designer... it no longer works with Photoshop 7. What I need is a gray gradient that will shade the edge of my selection, like a pillow (darkest at edge, lightening inward all around)

Anyone know of any plugins that can do this?

THANK YOU!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need the 7.01 update of Photoshop to run KPT 3.

But I think you should be able to create such a gradient by using one of the Photoshop layer effects with special adjusted settings. Try and see if you can make it work.

studio3d

pillow gradient

Post by studio3d »

THANKS!
I don't know why the "updates" doesn't find major updates like that. However, the Gradient Designer in KPT still crashed Photoshop. BUT you gave me a great idea with the layers INNER GLOW which actually gives me a bit more control (though I can't do it with just a selection).

Much obliged~

himself0314
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by himself0314 »

KPT "7" from Corel includes KPT Gradient Designer. Maybe that would help you? It has waaaaaay more features than it's KPT3 predecessor.

I think it's KPT Effects by Corel. The KPT line has bounced around so much I'm not really certain any more.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

"Gradient Lab" from KPTeffects isn't that sophisticated as "Gradient Designer" from KPT3. Gradient Lab only lets you mix different gradient layers while Gradient Designer draws gradients according to selections.