AutoCrop : Is ther One?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
roncej

AutoCrop : Is ther One?

Post by roncej »

Is there an AUTOCROP / AUTOTRIM plugin?
It would seem there ther must be a free one, but if there is, I have NOT been able to find it.

Thanks, Ron

Photofix
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Auto Crop

Post by Photofix »

Hi,
I'm not sure that I understand your question but here goes...
If you had a auto crop 8bf you would have to make certain that each and every photo you took had the subject matter directly in the center or left or right or where ever the auto crop chooses to crop..
The problem I see is that it would crop at random unless you set the limits for it to crop.
In Photoshop you can write an action that would crop a photo a certain way once you tell it where to do so.
The long and short of it is, I think, that cropping is best done by "hand". That way you will be satisified with your final image.
I hope this helps you.
Photofix

roncej

Post by roncej »

Thanks for your reply.
I plan to scan my family slide collection. My scanner (HP ScanJet 5470c)can hold three slides at a time for scanning, but because the EXACT placement of each "film positive" within its slide holder within the holder of the three slides cannot be guarenteed, EACH slide must be OVERSCANNED (a black border of VARIABLE width on EACH of the four sides is around each scanned slide).
The plugin would need to AUTOMATICALLY detect and trim/crop this very dark border from the scan.
Ron