Plugin problem sorted

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
craftydink
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Problems with plugins in PSPX

Post by craftydink »

I'm tearing my hair out. Have installed a few plugins (Simple, Macurl and MuRa's copies) using the file location method in PSPX on my laptop. When I go into effects, plugins, the plugin folders are there but all the plugins are greyed out and I can't use them. Can anyone help? I'm still using Windows XP. Would that be a problem? PSP itself is working with no problems.

When they were installed on our main PC (also running WindowsXP) they worked fine but since the main PC had problems I've been using PSP just on my laptop.

Any help would be gratefully received.

craftydink
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Plugin problem sorted

Post by craftydink »

After my plea for help (which hasn't appeared on here for some reason) have sorted out my plugin problem in PSPX. I installed a version of PiCo on my laptop which I found in a folder holding all the files from the main PC. My plugins are now working and I can have a good play.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Plugin problem sorted

Post by HaraldHeim »

When filter menu items are greyed out it usually means that they do not support the current image mode. Almost all plugins support RGB images with 8 bit per channel. So change your image to that and the filter menu items will be enabled.