Prep Shop Auto Bleed

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
AlWalker
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Prep Shop Auto Bleed

Post by AlWalker »

There is a Plug-In floating around called PrepShop Auto-Bleed. It was written years ago initially for Photoshop 4 and 5. What it basically does is to use a selection to define an area of pixels to bleed across to the other side of the selection, i.e. you could specify it to bleed or mirror 10 pixels outside of a selection to the other side of the selection. This is very useful for my job (packaging pre-press) has we commonly have to add traps to various objects within a Photoshop file but I can find no further mention of the person/company who wrote the plug-in or anyone who produces something like it. Its good but it needs updating for OSX, Photoshop CS. If anyone knows where the developer is I would be grateful to know.
Cheers
Allen Walker

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I never heared about this plugin, but a search on Google helped. It looks like the company who produced this plugin doesn't exist anymore, or at least their web site at http://www.prepshop.net/ doesn't work.

But you can still download it (for Mac Classic) from
http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperAr ... eed-21.hqx

It is probably the Shareware version which needs to be activated.

I'm not sure if Photoshop CS can be run in Classic Mode, but it is possible with Photoshop 7. So you could use this plugin even under OSX if you have MacOS 9 installed on a partition.

AlWalker
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Auto-Bleed

Post by AlWalker »

Yes, I did the same search and turned up nothing except a few downloads of the old plug-in. Do you have a name of a company that writes plug-ins to order?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

On one page it said that it was created by Alexander Mcknight and an email address was Alex@prepshop.net, but that probably doesn't work, because the domain doesn't work.

Try entering "Alex Mcknight" in Google. Maybe you can find the right person.

AlWalker
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Auto-Bleed

Post by AlWalker »

Yep, tried that but the only prominent Alex McKnight is a Photographer in the US. Never mind.
While we are on the subject, does anyone know of a filter/method that will give an image with an isometric perspective a more natural perspective. I've tried the Spherize filter but it looks a bit odd. What I have is an image of a car in frontal threequarter view but it's been generated from an engineering based CAD system. I want to give it a more natural perspective than the isometric.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are several perspective correction plugins available. Assuming that you use a Mac, I would recommend Andromeda LensDoc from www.andromeda.com. It is commercial, but very useful.