Modifying pictures so they look like studio pictures

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
ma9alem

Modifying pictures so they look like studio pictures

Post by ma9alem »

Hi All

I wanted to find out how to modify a pictures so that it looks like that it has been taken by in a studio by a professional with the correct lighting.

Keeping in mind the faces will need to be modify so that dark circles and stuble can be removed?

Thanks

Re: Modifying pictures so they look like studio pictures

Post by Guest »

ma9alem wrote:Hi All

I wanted to find out how to modify a pictures so that it looks like that it has been taken by in a studio by a professional with the correct lighting.

Keeping in mind the faces will need to be modify so that dark circles and stuble can be removed?

Also how can you create studio like drop downs (backgrounds) and also had props as they have in studios.

Thanks

Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Adobe 6.0 has a filter called render. Open render and choose 'lighting'
You then can change how the light appears on the photo. Dramatic and Amazing !!
Also, try the 'blur' and 'dodge' tools to remove wrinkles, etc.
Hope this helps.

fiatear

Modifiying lighting in PS

Post by fiatear »

Just to toss in my two cents...use the magic wand to select skin tones in the areas where you want shadows and cut paste at least 2 new layers. I apply a guassian blur to one of them and clean it up with the eraser on the skin edges but smudge it into the 'shadow areas'. Make it darker (usually towards burnt umber) and use overlay with opacity adjustment to obtain the result you desire. Stay really subtle and just keep piling on layers (sort of like piling on makeup). I also always apply a very little bit of smart blur to the face unless the model has very good skin and a well applied foundation. I always cut multiple layers out so that I can experiment and will only have to throw out one layer. For dark circles use a light concealer.