halftone plugins for Illustrator

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
WOLPHGANG
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

halftone plugins for Illustrator

Postby WOLPHGANG » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:07 pm

hello, i work in ther printing industry and i am looking for a plug in that would alow me to make with AI halftone/line screen printouts for colorkeys.
we have an epson stylus pro 9600, and use adobe illustator cs.
any input would be great.
I used such a plugin years ago when color seperating art for t-shirts silkscreening. this is a bit more advanced and i could use some help :)

asbestosbill
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Re: halftone plugins for Illustrator

Postby asbestosbill » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 pm

I've searched for a long time, and I have not found so much as a rumor of a plugin that creates genuine halftones. The most popular option is Phantasm CS, the halftone tool of which uses circles or other shapes of varying size to approximate a halftone look. Real halftone dots become square at 50% and from there the negative space takes on the circular form. With Phantasm CS and most halftone effects and plugins, the positive dots simply start to overlap, creating spiky diamond shapes between them rather than circles.

That said, although it is overpriced if all you want is the halftone tool, Phantasm CS is easy to use and technically works.

Return to “Other Plugins”