plugin to reduce grain in After Effects

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
otto
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

plugin to reduce grain in After Effects

Postby otto » Tue May 21, 2002 1:47 am

I have a clip that I've had to boost - this has also caused a huge amount of grain. I'm having trouble getting rid of this grain with any of the plugins I have....any suggestions??

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sun May 26, 2002 2:01 pm

The "Smart Blur" plugin included with After Effects 5 is quite nice to reduce grain. But you have to do some experimenting with the sliders to get a satisfying result. The same plugin is also available in Photoshop.

Otherwise try to overlay the grainy layer with a duplicate layer that is partly transparent and has a a slight Blur or Median effects applied to it.

cve

remove grain

Postby cve » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:27 am

Already tried the Vixen Plugin ?

Return to “Other Plugins”