ColorWasher/FocalBlade, New user

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
kmz98
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

ColorWasher/FocalBlade, New user

Postby kmz98 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:58 am

Leif G.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:13 pm

kmz98
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re:

Postby kmz98 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:00 pm

1. I know that the windows can be resized. In Corel PhotoPaint, wich I happen to use, I work on a picture, and then I press F9 and I can see the Image full screen. That's what I meant.

2. I see what you mean about the zoom function.

3. You say: "The preview is only updated continuously if you have the Shift key pressed when moving a slider." But in the Help instructions it says: Hold down the Shift key to update the preview while dragging the slider. Now if I don't do that, I can still see how the picture change when I drag the slider. So what's the point of holding down the Shift key?
Leif G.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:36 pm

1. I see. Should be no problem to add such a feature.

3. The preview is only updated when you release the left mouse button. If you don't have the Shift key pressed and the preview is continually updating, them there must be some kind of problem, because that is not how it is suppossed to be. Is there anything in youR computer or on your keyboard that simulates a pressed shift key?

I can't imagine that this problem is caused by Photo-Paint. Did you try ColorWasher or FocalBlade in any other graphics application?

kmz98
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: The Shift key thing

Postby kmz98 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:38 pm

I just tested this again Harald, and yes, the picture changes even when I don't press the Shift key. And it doesn't matter whether I have Instant preview enabled or not. I suppose I should have it enabled?
I can't explain this. I have no particular setting related to the Shift key as
I know.
I use Corel Photopaint 9. In fact I bought this version 9 for the sole purpose of testing ColorWasher and Focal Blade, since your information says that version 8 (wich I had) is not supported.
I just remember that I have Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE. Is that something I
could test it in? It's not in the compatibility list.
Leif G.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:48 am

I'm not sure if Photoshop 5 LE supports plugins. I have an OEM CD with it somewhere, but I never tested it. Please try it and see if the same problem occurs.

There are also freeware programs that let you use plugins:

IrfanView:
Ultimate FX:
XNView:

Just to name the best ones.

Return to “PhotoWiz General”