Scripting Feature Request

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Andrew Hall

Scripting Feature Request

Post by Andrew Hall »

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible / easy to include a feature that will allow some powerful PS_CS scripting to be applied with FocalBlade.

Let's see if I can explain it. If I run FB with a js script inside PS_CS (say to start with that is all the script does is call FB), FB is applied to the current document, I load a settings .pbt for the image and hit OK. At that point I would like FB to pass back to the script the name of the pbt file (or perhaps the full address) used for that image? I can then store that data in some way along with the image and I always know what the sharpening settings were.

It would also be very nice if the process was reversible - the js passes the name of the .pbt to FB which then runs in cloak mode using those settings. One variation on this would be, instead of passing the settings data from the original .js script to FB, that FB knows where to look for the data eg in the file metadata or even in the current layer name?

Maybe this is simple, maybe not?

Andrew Hall

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I don't know about js scripts, but I guess it make use of the scripting that Photoshop uses internally.

If plugins are scriptable they can accept and pass back parameters that are defined in the plugin's file resource. FocalBlade currently doesn't support scripting, so it doesn't accept or pass back any parameters.

I guess you mean a FocalBlade preset file with .pbt., but they are called .fbp as far as I know :-). I have been thinking, too, about making FocalBlade accept the path to a preset file via scripting. I plan to add scripting support in the next major release.

I don't know if it is possible for a filter plugin to read file metadata or the current layer name, but i don't think so.