Work flow for best results?

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Fade2blk
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Work flow for best results?

Post by Fade2blk »

HI all,
I was wondering what the best work flow would be to use with focal blade, light machine and color washer. For example: Color correct, then light machine, sharpen last? Or, Light machine, color washer, focal blade? Sorry if this is a pretty basic question, but I really don't know the best way to proceed. Thanks in advance! :wink:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Here is what the LightMachine manual says:

If you need to use both plug-ins to work on different aspects of the same photo, you should use ColorWasher before you run LightMachine, otherwise you may worsen or emphasize the color cast when using LightMachine. In such a case please try to avoid using the Exposure and Highlights/Shadow features in ColorWasher. Manipulating the brightness in ColorWasher may prevent LightMachine from producing the best results in certain image areas, but first using Auto Contrast in ColorWasher may help LightMachine achieve a better result. A color shift can become visible after lifting shadows using LightMachine, but this problem can be dealt with using its features for correcting specific image areas.

While ColorWasher should be used before LightMachine, FocalBlade should ideally be applied only after your color corrections have been completed...

Fade2blk
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Fade2blk »

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I guess I need to read the manual again! :D