ColorWasher: problems with script under Corel Photo Paint 11

ColorWasher specific discussions
love2travel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

ColorWasher: problems with script under Corel Photo Paint 11

Post by love2travel »

Hi,

I bought ColorWasher today and I am more than happy with the results. I tried various other Plug-Ins like Kodak ROC but ColorWasher is really an excellent solution!

However, I have a problem using a script to automatically apply the ColorWasher corrections (Auto 1) with Corel Photo-Paint 11 (German Version). It works fine for the first 30 or 35 pictures (sometimes only 5 or 10). Then an error message pops up indicating an “undefined script error” (No. 3830, if I remember correctly). This happens only with Windows Vista. I installed both Corel Photo-Paint and ColorWasher on my notebook (Windows XP) and everything seems alright so far.

Any idea on how to fix the problem? Or is there any other software that allows for batch processing of several hundred pictures (scans from slides)? … apart from Photoshop CS which I cannot afford.

Thanks,
Michael

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You could try Paint Shop Pro.

love2travel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by love2travel »

I installed Paint Shop Pro (versions 9 and X). The ColorWasher Plugin works well, but not within a script. I want to apply the Auto 1 mode for example (or any other setting) to a batch of scans. I tried several programs and it seems that Corel Photo Paint is the only one that manages to avoid opening the ColorWasher Dialog Box when running the plugin from a script.

However, after I changed settings in the memory management of Photo Paint it works quite well (at least with a batch of 500 pictures or so).

I know that the results are better when using the semi-automatic mode (as intended), but if you have thousands of pictures it can be less time-consuming if you simply apply Auto 1 via batch processing and later redo manually the ones which were not satisfactory. For this purpose an option would be great to run the plugin with the former setting disabling the dialog box ...

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

love2travel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by love2travel »

Great! That was exactly what I was looking for :D

THANK YOU ... DANKE!!!

Michael