FocalBlade in PhotoPlus

FocalBlade specific discussions
Roleg
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

FocalBlade in PhotoPlus

Post by Roleg »

:-?
I thought I should report a problem with FocalBlade.
I haven't noticed it until now.
This happens when I use Auto sharpen Light or higher.
It's when I use Selective sharpening Pro and have the image at 100%.
When I right-click and move the image,strange enough the Sharpen settting changes. I can see the slider moving, and if it's set to say 53, when I move the image to the right it changes to perhaps 43, and when moving it to the left,it changes to around 60!
To get it back to normal I have to set it to Fit and then go back to 100%
so the image stays in the middle of the viewing frame. Then it's back
where it first was.
Hmm..something for you to test perhaps?
But i use it in PhotoPlus, so it may be a particular problem with that program.
I don't think it's a big problem since I am aware of it. Though I haven't
tested to see what will happen if I save the image with the "wrong sharpen setting"?

Another problem with PhotoPlus is that the Optimal setting is not working.
It's a pity. But on the other hand,the program is free so what can I expect?

Leif G.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

What you describe is intended behaviour. FocalBlade constantly evaluates the preview area and adjusts the Sharpen values. So you should choose the image area in the preview that is the most important one.

Depending on the image size and the current zoom the Optimal Zoom settings sometimes chooses the same zoom like the one that is currently set. So it may appear that it is not working. Anyway, I guess the Optimal option will be removed with the next update anyway. It isn't very useful.

Roleg
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

And another question..

Post by Roleg »

Thank you, I see. If that's how it works I suppose it's OK.

Another thing I wich could be changed is the adjustment of the image size in the viewing pane.
Setting i to "Fit" I expect the picture to fill out the pane, because the natural wish I think is to see the whole image as big as possible,but it never does. It always leaves a broad margin around.
Only in some cases when I have bigger(original)sizes, it's possible to make it fill out the area, by setting it to 20%.
It may be different views about this, but I need to see the whole picture, to be able to evaluate any changes.
So the ideal would be to see it full screen, that's what I'm used to in Corel Photopaint.
I work on a picture. and then just press a button and I see the whole picture full screen. Then I press the button again, and I'm back to the working mode.
Would it be difficult to incorporate something like that in your programs?

Leif G.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FocalBlade ony supports even zoom ratios, e.g. 1/2 = 50%, 1/3 = 33%, 1/4 = 25% and so on. So it chooses the closest even zoom ratio when you choose Fit.

It is planned to support all kind of zoom values and also zoom values above 100%, but I guess that won't happen before FocalBlade 2.0.