Focal Blade Remove request

FocalBlade specific discussions
evogel99
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Focal Blade Remove request

Post by evogel99 »

(Sorry if this is a dupe - thought I had entered it but don't see the post)

On the next version of FocalBlade, I would like to see Remove be able to "go to the left". The point would be to progressively remove the coarse elements of the mask leaving the finer detail.

This would allow sharpening subtle detail such as eyes and lips without emphasizing the broad outlines.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your suggestion. The Remove slider of FocalBlade removes less strong details in the image from the mask. It doesn't differeniate between thin and broad details.

Do you mean you want to sharpen only the weaker details (which are displayed dark to middle grey in FocalBlade's X-ray Negative mask)?

Do you mean the outlines of a object or person with "broad outlines"? You mention only eyes and lips. What about hairs, eye brows, clothes? If you only want to sharpen very specific image details, you better apply FocalBlade on a layer and use a layer mask to remove the sharpness from other image areas.

evogel99
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by evogel99 »

The former. Remove the strong details first.

As you can tell I was struggling to describe the effect. As you explain it, I guess maybe it would be more specific to progressively reverse the grayness of the areas where the mask is open. Of course, that would require defining a point above which the reversal would not happen, e.g pure black or dark gray. This likely would add a slider and just make things more complicated and so undesirable... oh well.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Ok, I think now I know what you mean and how to program it. I will need to add a second Remove slider for this effect. This slider will gradually fade the bright areas in the mask to black and gradually make the darker areas brighter.

I will do some tests, but it looks as if such a slider could be useful. Thanks for the suggestion!

evogel99
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by evogel99 »

Great! I hope you will post back how that works out.

Thanks much

Eric