focalblade and PS tiling windows problem

FocalBlade specific discussions
entle
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

focalblade and PS tiling windows problem

Post by entle »

I just installed demo of focal blade. When I went to compare the sharpened result with the original which I tiled next to it, I wasn't able to zoom in on either window without that window becoming larger and taking over the other window. Previous to the focal blade installation (like just 2 minutes earlier, and for months and months before that), if I zoomed in on a tiled window, the image would get larger, but the window would stay the same size and remain tiled with the other windows. Any suggestions?

regards

entle
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

no problem...likely user error

Post by entle »

After searching the registry to find a key to fix this, I finally saw the pink elephant in the living room - the "Risize Windows To Fit" button was checked. As I've never used this button before, I never knew of its existence! In case I didn't accidently check this box, if you install focalblade on WinXP Pro/PS7 and notice that the windows now resize when you zoom and you don't like it, simply uncheck this box.

regards

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

This has nothing to do with FocalBlade. It simply isn't possible for a plugin do such a thing. It is very likely that you accidentally activated this button without noticing it.

entle
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

all thumbs, no brains

Post by entle »

Thanks Harald,

Definitely user error. I was not able to reproduce the effect on a Win2000 system.

You have a great product here. My only concern is with respect to a color shift that I noticed when comparing the sharpening of a 10D image with focalblade compared to fred miranda's sharpening action for the 10D, which did not affect a color shift. Is there a way of minimizing color shift, or am I using all thumbs and no brains, again?

regards

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You mean that FocalBlade produces a color shift? FocalBlade doesn't touch any color when sharpening, so I can't imagine that it produces a color shift. Can you supply some image examples and explain what you mean with the color shift? Thanks.

entle
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by entle »

Harald,

Okay, after further investigation, the color (hue) shift is nominal. What I'm seeing, however, is a shift in saturation (~ +10%) and a shift in brightness (~ -10%), and it was that which was affecting my perception of a color shift. I'm not sure how to append an image here, but I can email you an example if you like.

regards

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sharpening always involves increasing brightness and saturation in the image. It doesn't matter which tool you use. But even for extreme sharpening the increase is very small and not 10% at all.

Please email me the example.