FocalBlade

FocalBlade specific discussions
jo

FocalBlade

Post by jo »

Suggestion for improving FocalBlade...

It would be nice to have it script-friendly... With photoshop7, I cannot
pass any parameter to your filter... (cloak mode is too restrictive)

If too complicated, you shall allow at least the presets to be loaded from a script...

Also, a larger preview would be nice... with a 1600x1200 screen it is way too small...

Otherwise it's a great plug-in

Thanks,

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Script

Post by Jocelyn »

Hi Harald!

Do you plan to include some support in a upcoming version ?

Jocelyn

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Jocelyn,

FocalBlade is compiled with FilterMeister, which currently has no scripting support. Scripting support is planned to be included in FilterMeister in future. But it is quite some work to do that, because the architecture of Photoshop plugins is quite rigid and demand that scripting parameters have to be hard coded and can't be initialized or changed at runtime.

FocalBlade's Cloack Mode takes care of this problem as it lets you set the parameters manually before running an action. That way you even don't need to have to recreate an action for each set of new parameters.

However, you seem to want to use a different set of parameters for each file during batch processing. You can't even do that when scripting supports is there and use the plugin in actions. If you would be so nice to describe what task you had in mind, it would give me a better idea.

Photoshop plugins with scripting support usually don't let you pass a parameter for opening a preset. They just accept values which they use to readjust their controls.

Jocelyn

Scripting

Post by Jocelyn »

Harald,

Sometimes I want to batch a set of files that come from a digital camera. Each of the files may have a different ISO setting and I want too tweak the sharpening because the noise at each of those ISO varies quite substancially (even after noise reduction). Thus, my script read the ISO setting from the script and apply the proper sharpening.

I have seen in the Focalblade plugin directory a file called "cloakfb.ini"
I guess that it only contains a flag 0 or 1 to enable the mode or not.

You could maybe allow a 2nd line with a filename to laod as a preset.
This way, script maniac like me could simply reqrite that file with a preset.

I have bought another plugin (NeatImage) and I can pass the device noise profile, and noise filter setting in parameter... which I change for each ISO setting.

You can't even do that when scripting supports is there and use the plugin in actions
I don't understand this comment, I don't want to use FocaBlade in actions. I use it in script... that is, called directly from my VisualBasic program.

Jocelyn

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I don't understand this comment, I don't want to use FocaBlade in actions. I use it in script... that is, called directly from my VisualBasic program.
I see. Most people use the scripting stuff in actions and not from a VB program via the Adobe Scripting plugin.

Sometimes I want to batch a set of files that come from a digital camera. Each of the files may have a different ISO setting and I want too tweak the sharpening because the noise at each of those ISO varies quite substancially (even after noise reduction). Thus, my script read the ISO setting from the script and apply the proper sharpening.

I have seen in the Focalblade plugin directory a file called "cloakfb.ini"
I guess that it only contains a flag 0 or 1 to enable the mode or not.

You could maybe allow a 2nd line with a filename to laod as a preset.
This way, script maniac like me could simply reqrite that file with a preset.

I have bought another plugin (NeatImage) and I can pass the device noise profile, and noise filter setting in parameter... which I change for each ISO setting.
I would have said that you just need to make your VB program copy the appropriate FocalBlade preset file into the FocalBlade folder and rename it to FocalBlade.ini. The format of the preset files and the .ini file is identical. Unfortunatelly, FocalBlade only seem to read the .ini file when it is executed for the first time or after you pressed the Cancel button.

What I could change in the coming version of FocalBlade is that FocalBlade reads the .ini file on each execution while ine Cloak mode. Would that help? Or do you need that FocalBlade reads the .ini file also in normal mode?

Jocelyn

Post by Jocelyn »

I know most people use actions instead of scripts... I have a hard time finding help when I have problems... But since it is much more powerful than actions I think people will (or should) start using it...
What I could change in the coming version of FocalBlade is that FocalBlade reads the .ini file on each execution while in Cloak mode.
That would be perfect. Just read the .ini each time the plugin is executed in cloack mode. No need in normal mode.

Thanks!