Focal Blade "taking over the screen"

FocalBlade specific discussions
jbzeus

Focal Blade "taking over the screen"

Post by jbzeus »

I downloaded the trial version. Very nice. Except Focal Blade goes full screen and photoshop doesn't show anywhere. I wanted to look at the Focal Blade window and a image I already sharpened at the same time in windows for comparison sake. It doesn't appear this is possible?

Also, what am I looking at left to right in the five sharpening windows? Where are the settings coming from? How do I tll what settings are applied in each window?

Jeff

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It depends on your screen resolution if FocalBlade covers the whole screen or not. At 800x600 screen resolution it surely covers the whole screen.

If you have the Demo version of FocalBlade and want to compare an image sharpened by it with another image sharpened with another tool, you have two options: Press the OK button to apply the sharpening of FocalBlade to the image. That will add some stripes, too. If you don't like that, you can make a screen shot of the FocalBlade dialog and open that screen shot in your graphics application along with the other image.

Concerning the five panes of the Split View, the middle pane shows the current setting. The other panes show how the current setting would look at 50% or 100% less intensity. So here are the settings in the correct order: -100%, -50%, 0% (current settings), +50%, + 100%. Depending on which split view you have activated, the appropriate paramaters will show up in 50% steps. You can choose the setting of one of the panes by holding down the Shift key and clicking on the appropriate panes.

If you have a closer look at the manual, you will find everything explained there, too, and in much more detail.