Enhancement request for Focalblade

FocalBlade specific discussions
mikea
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Agreed, and...

Post by mikea »

I thought of a couple of enhancements as well -- unless I've missed something in the documentation (I'm a brand-new user), I think it would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to remove the outlining that appears when you have made a selection with the mouse. Given the way the Reset function works, I would think the keystroke would have to remove the settings created after you've drawn a marquee and have then released the left mouse button, just as is done with the Reset button.

That, and a keyboard shortcut that provides both "undo" and redo -- say, Control+Z. That way you could go back and forth between your current and previous settings very quickly.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Enhancement request for Focalblade

Post by HaraldHeim »

AndySloanUk wrote:... the first is to back up Jo's previous post concerning the Window size as it can be a problem previewing when the screen resolution is 1600X1200 or above. Also is there any chance of allowing the Zoom to go above 100% for the preview.
I have already started working on making the Window resizable, but stopped that to work on performance issues that I think are more important. A >100% zoom will also be added to a future version.

mikea wrote:I thought of a couple of enhancements as well -- unless I've missed something in the documentation (I'm a brand-new user), I think it would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to remove the outlining that appears when you have made a selection with the mouse. Given the way the Reset function works, I would think the keystroke would have to remove the settings created after you've drawn a marquee and have then released the left mouse button, just as is done with the Reset button.
Currently you have to use the Reset button to remove the sample area from the preview. However, I think what you want is to make the Undo button remove the sample area. Currently it doesn't do that, although it would be logical if it did that. I will fix that for the next version.

That, and a keyboard shortcut that provides both "undo" and redo -- say, Control+Z. That way you could go back and forth between your current and previous settings very quickly.
You can also trigger Undo with ALT+ U. I know CTRL + Z would be more logical, but as there is a problem with capturing keys strokes in plugins, I probably won't be able to make it to CTRL + Z. However, I think it should be better to change the "Undo" button to "Redo" instead of just disabling it.

mikea
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: Enhancement request for Focalblade

Post by mikea »

There would be times when someone might want "Reset" to remove the marquee alone, but others when it should remove the marquee and undo the sharpening that had been added by drawing the marquee.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Well, removing the marque automatically changes the sharpening that it applied anyway. So you can't remove the marquee without changing the sharpening unless you would set Auto Sharpen to Off before removing the marquee.