How do I update to v 1.01???

FocalBlade specific discussions
znapshot

How do I update to v 1.01???

Post by znapshot »

I downloaded the updater and unzipped it. Now what do I do to update to the new version? Just clicking on the file called "FocalBlade 10 doesn't seem to do anything.

Just a suggestion, when distributing updates it is important to give complete step-by-step instructions.

Guenter Diel

Re: How do I update to v 1.01???

Post by Guenter Diel »

znapshot wrote:I downloaded the updater and unzipped it. Now what do I do to update to the new version? Just clicking on the file called "FocalBlade 10 doesn't seem to do anything.

Just a suggestion, when distributing updates it is important to give complete step-by-step instructions.
You have to read the Mail you got with the update link:

"... and unzip it to your current FocalBlade folder by overwriting the older files. "

znapshot

Still not updating

Post by znapshot »

I did downloaded it as instructed in the mail but I don't think it loaded. How can you tell if it has updated? When I click on the "?" in at the bottom left of the FocalBlade screen it still says version 1.0

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Still not updating

Post by HaraldHeim »

znapshot wrote:How can you tell if it has updated? When I click on the "?" in at the bottom left of the FocalBlade screen it still says version 1.0
The Version number of FocalBlade is included in the menu item that you need to select to run FocalBlade. Also the HTML manual says Version 1.01, but that doesn't automatically mean that you overwrote the plugin itself with the new version.

If you still have probnlem, please get the full setup and install again.

Guenter Diel

Re: Still not updating

Post by Guenter Diel »

znapshot wrote:I did downloaded it as instructed in the mail but I don't think it loaded. How can you tell if it has updated? When I click on the "?" in at the bottom left of the FocalBlade screen it still says version 1.0
You hve to override the old FocalBlade files with the new files.
Also you have to restart Photoshop.

znapshot

So...

Post by znapshot »

The first place I looked was at the menu name. It probably updated but I'm not 100% sure. The menu name reads: "FocalBlade 1.0...". I assume that the final "1" is truncated but I'm just not sure. I can't remember how it looked before the update.

Re: So...

Post by Guest »

znapshot wrote:The first place I looked was at the menu name. It probably updated but I'm not 100% sure. The menu name reads: "FocalBlade 1.0...". I assume that the final "1" is truncated but I'm just not sure. I can't remember how it looked before the update.

Hi, just for comparison, mine looks the same after upgrade as well. It shows 1.0... instead of 1.01... which I would of expected.
I know that Colorwasher shows a version of 1.02... in this way so I assume focalblade isn't truncated. Maybe the version text just wasn't updated as I'm sure I overwrote all of the files with the new ones.

Theresa

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The menu name should be "FocalBlade 1.01..." if you have Version 1.01 installed. The file date of FocalBlade10.8bf should be October 31, 2003.

If the menu name says "FocalBlade 1.0..." then you still have the old version.