Version 1.01 and some Questions

FocalBlade specific discussions
Guenter Diel

Version 1.01 and some Questions

Post by Guenter Diel »

Congratulations!

With the new features FocalBlade is even better. It works very well.
The new Highlights and Shadows Options are very usefull.

But I'm not shure what's the best way to reduce blurring in the highlight.
I can do it with the White Halo slider or I can use the highlight slider.

An other question: What exactly mean Black Halo? If I try the slider I can hardly see any effect.
Furthermore: Wath's the best way to sharpen when a picture has plain walls AND a lot of texture egg. trees with leaves?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Version 1.01 and some Questions

Post by HaraldHeim »

But I'm not shure what's the best way to reduce blurring in the highlight. I can do it with the White Halo slider or I can use the highlight slider.
I guess you meant "reduce sharpening" and not "reduce blurring". The White Halo and Highlights sliders work differently. The White Halo removes the sharpening mostly on the edges while Highlights reduces the sharpening in the highlight areas which are usually surface areas. So the answer would be to use the Highlights slider.
An other question: What exactly mean Black Halo? If I try the slider I can hardly see any effect.
Sharpening works by creating black and white halos around edges. With the two sliders you can reduce them independatly. If you choose a strong sharpening setting and set the Black Halo slider to 255 and keep the White Halo slider at zero, you should see the effect. Of course the black halo is usually less visible than the white halo.
Furthermore: Wath's the best way to sharpen when a picture has plain walls AND a lot of texture egg. trees with leaves?
If you want perfect results in such a case it is better to create selections for the wall area as well as the tree area and sharpen them with different sharpening intensities. Otherwise just try and see which sharpening setting fits both. I would recommend to use a "Light" Auto Surface setting.

Guenter Diel

Re: Version 1.01 and some Questions

Post by Guenter Diel »

HaraldHeim wrote:
I guess you meant "reduce sharpening"
I meant all unwanted side effects in the highlights.
I tryed the highlights slider on several images now and it worked very well. This option is a big advantage of the new version.

Thank You
Günter