Is this a bug?

FocalBlade specific discussions
Lars Ekdahl

Is this a bug?

Post by Lars Ekdahl »

I run an image (16 bits mode) in the Expert Mode and play with the different settings and I can see every effect in the preview window. I than jump to Novice mode and still I see the sharpening effects in the preview window. I than change the Auto Sharpen settings from medium sharp to something else and now nothing happen in the preview window. I can change all of the parameters without notifying anything in the preview window. I than return to the expert mode again and I am back to normal again, i.e. the preview windows is working again. I can repeat this every time.

Lars Ekdahl

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry, Lars, but I can't reproduce the problem you describe with FocalBlade 1.01b. The Novice mode work fine here. Usually there is no preview update if the Auto Preview check box is deactivated. But it doesn't sound as if that was your problem.

If you find any other condition that is necessary to reproduce the problem, please let me know.

Lars Ekdahl

Is this a bug+

Post by Lars Ekdahl »

At this forum several Photographers seems having the same problem

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/cgi-b ... ;f=5;t=486

Lars Ekdahl

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for the link, lars. I posted some comments there.

Pressing the Reset button may help when the problem occurs. Please try.

Is this a bug

Post by Guest »

Yes Harald Yes, reset does cure the problem.

It seems I have the same problems as Rick on the link I referred to above

In general, it occurs in Novice mode when the sharpening preview occurs in the right hand window. It's never the original sharpening settings that cause the problem, but rather a succession of settings (going from medium to high sharpening, for example). After making a few changes, the preview window stops updating.

It is not a big problem, only irritating but FocalBlade is still a great product which I will recommend

/Lars

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your help. I will try my best to find the bug. It's just a matter of time. The fix will then be available in the next update.