Plug in galaxy on mac- new to plugs in

Comments and discussions about Plugin Galaxy
xcalibertp

Plug in galaxy on mac- new to plugs in

Post by xcalibertp »

Hi...

I am very new to graphic designing and just getting started. I have not yet aquired any Adobe software. I am a Mac OS X user.

I love the Plugin Galaxy for AE so went to search Adobe for the correct software for AE to work. Most of the software is extremely costly (beyond what I can afford). You list Adobe Premiere (which is fairly reasonable) as compatable for Mac, however on the Adobe site, I did not see Premiere for Mac, only windows. Can you help on that?

Also, for Plugin Galaxy (no AE) you list as compatable for Photoshop Version 4 or higher. Again, seaching Adobe, the only version I find is Version 3. Will Plugin Galaxy work on Photoshop 3.0?

I would love the opportunity to incorporate both Plugin Galaxy AE and Edge & Frame Galaxy into my work. I just can't afford the costs involved with the high end Adobe softwares.

Any suggestion, thoughts, comments would be appreicated by this graphic newbie.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Xcal

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Our Plugin Galaxy for AE product is meant for producing animations and video effects. The normal Plugin Galaxy product is for graphics and photo effects.

Adobe previously offered Mac version of Premiere, but discontinued that, because of Apple's Final Cut software became too dominant. So now there are only Windows versions of Premiere called Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements. A pity because Premiere Elements is quite inexpensive.

I guess the least expensive Mac software that supports Plugin Galaxy for AE is Final Cut Express, which costs $299.

If you are only interested in image effects, there are several freeware image editors that support our Plugin Galaxy product. You just need to look on the compatibility page at http://thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy/