Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About


Sparkling Stars Effect

Comments and discussions about Plugin Galaxy

Sparkling Stars Effect

Postby YLChin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

Sparkling Stars Effect

I was playing around Plugin Galaxy with the snow effects & suddenly I managed to get 2 sparkling stars ( Middle & RHS in the photo) & was really pleased with them.

I am wondering aloud if there is some more in this software?

Image
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 pm

I am sure you can get more of them if you change the settings. For example you can right click in the preview for a variation. You can also use the Mutate check box.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:09 am

HaraldHeim wrote:I am sure you can get more of them if you change the settings. For example you can right click in the preview for a variation. You can also use the Mutate check box.


Oh Guru,

Thank you, thank you. :D
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby YLChin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 am

Dining with a fine wine :D

Image


Yes, Plugin Galaxy is a good buy.

Highly recommended
Last edited by YLChin on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:57 am

If you use a layer mask and remove the stars that do not appear on the bottle or the glasses, it will look even more convincing. You can also use the Star filter and place a few stars exactly where you want them.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:43 am

HaraldHeim wrote:If you use a layer mask and remove the stars that do not appear on the bottle or the glasses, it will look even more convincing. You can also use the Star filter and place a few stars exactly where you want them.


You are right, Guru, I did not give this a thought.

I'll have to figure out your advice & give it a go.
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby YLChin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:23 pm

I tried to read up Star Filter & managed to do it but the stars are not sparkling at all, so I gave up.

Actually the stars in Plugin Galaxy are really good in colors, sparkling- effects, sizes, etc and this is done using Plugin Galaxy.

I am not sure if I had correctly placed the stars in the right place. :(

Sparkling stars in our wine

Image
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 pm

Looks great!
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:01 am

Thanks Guru, have a good weekend.
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby YLChin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:47 am

HaraldHeim wrote:If you use a layer mask and remove the stars that do not appear on the bottle or the glasses, it will look even more convincing.


Guru,

I had been trying to use a layer mask & to remove the un-wanted stars but in vain.

Please give me a help.

Thanks
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:25 pm

1. Dublicate the layer.
2. Apply Plugin Galaxy to the new layer.
3. Add a layer mask.
4. Select the brush tool and make sure that black is selected as the foreground color on the tool bar.
5. Use the brush to make the stars invisible that you want removed.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:46 am

HaraldHeim wrote:1. Dublicate the layer.
2. Apply Plugin Galaxy to the new layer.
3. Add a layer mask.
4. Select the brush tool and make sure that black is selected as the foreground color on the tool bar.
5. Use the brush to make the stars invisible that you want removed.


Guru,

Thank you very much..now I see my problems....will try out later....cheers
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby YLChin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:45 am

Guru,

I am struck again. Here is the result.

With Starfield

Image


Deleted some stars & lost as to the next step

Image



4. Select the brush tool and make sure that black is selected as the foreground color on the tool bar.

I wonder which brush from the Brush Tool ?

5. Use the brush to make the stars invisible that you want removed.

Use Clear, Dissolve ---which one please?

Please assist & many thanks

YLChin
Last edited by YLChin on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 pm

There is only one brush tool in the tool bar. According to your screenshots you already selected it.

On your second screenshot the chessboard pattern is shining through. That is because you deactivated the layer beneath the top one. But otherwise it looks as if you did it.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 am

HaraldHeim wrote:There is only one brush tool in the tool bar. According to your screenshots you already selected it.

On your second screenshot the chessboard pattern is shining through. That is because you deactivated the layer beneath the top one. But otherwise it looks as if you did it.


OK, I just activated the layer beneath & see the problem, it's still like the first photo & the unwanted stars are back.

What is wrong?

Image
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Ok, I see now. You have two layers with stars. You need to delete the "with stars" layer and activate the Background layer. You can also remove the "Background copy" layer as it is probably only a copy of the Background layer.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 pm

HaraldHeim wrote:Ok, I see now. You have two layers with stars. You need to delete the "with stars" layer and activate the Background layer. You can also remove the "Background copy" layer as it is probably only a copy of the Background layer.


Guru, Oh Guru,

My coconut is on strike, on strike---sigh--sigh.

You are right.

Thank you very much.


Image
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby YLChin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 am

Mr HaraldHeim,

I have problem which I meant to ask for a LONG time.

I find positioning the Single Star very difficult if the required position is not in the middle of the photo.

I cut the photo in such a way & try to position the Star but it takes a long time on trial & error basis.

Is there a quick way or short cut to position the Single Star where I want it.

Thank you for your help.
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am

Postby HaraldHeim » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am

It is quite easy to position the star. Simply right click on the preview where you want the star. This also works for other effects of Plugin Galaxy.

It seems you forgot about it, because in the image of the wine glasses above you already did that.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 1:00 am
Location: The Plugin Site

Postby YLChin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

HaraldHeim wrote:It is quite easy to position the star. Simply right click on the preview where you want the star. This also works for other effects of Plugin Galaxy.

It seems you forgot about it, because in the image of the wine glasses above you already did that.


Thank you very much for your quick reply.

No I did not forget, I did not do it correctly, I tried to position it by trial & errors.

Have a good week end.

YL Chin
YLChin
Plugin Master
Plugin Master
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 12:38 am


Return to Plugin Galaxy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests