extreme results with Contrastmaster

ContrastMaster specific discussions
dlphotog
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

extreme results with Contrastmaster

Postby dlphotog » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:16 pm

I am impressed with contrastmaster, and am interested in purchasing it except I am experienceing a strange glitch in using the demo version that I am not sure is problem with the licensed version.
When I use the filter on duplicate layers in a 16 bit tiff image everything goes fine at first. My procedure involves adjusting while noticing the changes in the preview window, and then I process to see the final results. If I do not like what I see I undo (step back in history palette of CS3) and do the filter over again, tweaking the sliders and then process again to see the results, which, of course, have the watermarks all over but is generally viewable. After a few times of doing this all of sudden the results after processing come out wild and extreme -- highly contrasty and extremmely dark -- nothing like I saw in the preview window and far from what the filter did just previously. When I continue to use the filter I cannot stop this from happening unless I reset the fliter, which destroys all my settings and I have to start over again. Just about when I get it to where I like it the corruption happens again. This is very annoying and makes the filter unusable. I would like to know what is going wrong. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Is it just in the demo version? I am on the widows xp platform using CS3 with 2 gb of ram. Processing the filter generally takes only about 10 seconds. I can send a example of what happens if desired.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. I just sent you an email. I am sure I can fix the problem if you help me to reproduce it.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks a lot for sending the requested materials, dlphotog!

The problem sometimes occurs with images that do not use all tonal values. It happens for low values of the Stretch slider. If you set it to zero or a higher value the problem does not occur.

The fix will be included with Version 1.01, which will be released within the next few days.

Return to “ContrastMaster”