Home  ||  Products | Download | Order  ||  Resources | Reviews | Forum | News | Gallery  ||  About

strange contrast master bug

ContrastMaster specific discussions

strange contrast master bug

Postby zachary bright » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Hello! I recently bought CM and am having a strange problem. A quick search through topics and i didn't see this one, sorry if it's already out there.
First off let me say that I love this plugin, thank you for making such a neat tool for photo editing. Now- the problem.
First i installed the demo version to test it out. I bought it a week later or so and installed it. The plugin still lists as the demo, even though it runs with full functionality. Hmm. Not a big deal though. Next- i noticed some very obvious and odd looking halos around objects against a smooth area IE a hill against the sky. Further testing revealed that this is mostly caused by the "adaPTIVE" contrast mode. However, I accidentally ran the filter, undid it in photoshop, then hit apple F, ( which runs the filter again with the same settings) and no halos!?!?! Now i've tested it dozens of times with the same results- for whatever reason i get odd artifacts unless i undo the filter effect, and then REDO it with the photoshop "run last filter" command. How weird is that? do i need to reinstall or something?

I'm running CS4 on a 2.4ghz macbook pro, 4 gig ram, 10.5.8

Thanks for your time!

Zack
zachary bright
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby HaraldHeim » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Concerning the demo being listed: Do you still have the demo version located in the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder? If so please remove it.

For investigating the the halo problem I need a preset file with your settings and need to know the usual size of your images. It would also be helpful to see an image with the halo and without it. I just sent you an email.
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Return to ContrastMaster