Error with Batch function -- please help!

ContrastMaster specific discussions
EliP
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Error with Batch function -- please help!

Post by EliP »

I keep getting an error message when running ContrastMaster in batch mode. This occurs in both the standalone and Photoshop plugin (x86) versions. (I haven't tried the Photoshop x64 plugin.)

Specifically, I'm running a batch of several thousands tif files, using the 'weak settings' in Novice Mode. Each time, after about 400-500 files (and ~100 files in the plug-in version), I get an error message: "Integer (zero-)divide error!" This error message appears for the next 2-3 files, and then another error message appears: "Sorry, a framework error occured." The program then crashes.

This is a very big inconvenience, as I constantly need to process many tif files and don't want to have to restart the ContrastMaster program each time.

Some additional info: The tif files are 30-40 mb each, ContrastMaster is version 1.06, and I'm running Windows 8 (x64) and Photoshop CS6 (x86). My computer has 16 GB memory.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any plans on releasing an update to this program? Perhaps if you released a standalone 64 bit version it would fix my problem...

Finally, any way I could apply the ColorWasher Photoshop plugin on video clips? This plug-in is grayed out when trying to apply it on a video clip..

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Error with Batch function -- please help!

Post by HaraldHeim »

The division by zero is a bug and has nothing to do with 32 vs. 64-bit. It could be that the Sat Mask slider is causing the problem. See this post.

If you could save your ContrastMaster settings, which cause the problem, as a preset and send it to me, it would help a lot. I will try to release an update soon.

I suspect that the missing scripting support of ColorWasher keeps it from getting applied to videos in Photoshop. It is planned to add it in the near future.

EliP
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: Error with Batch function -- please help!

Post by EliP »

The setting I use is simply the "Weak Effect" preset (which I select while in novice Mode), without any modifications whatsoever (including to the Sat Mask slider).

Eagerly awaiting updated versions to ContrastMaster and ColorWasher :)