How do you like ElementsXXL?

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

How do you like ElementsXXL?

Post by HaraldHeim »

I hope you like our new ElementsXXL product. It would be great to hear your impressions. If you like to have a certain Feature included in a future Version or a came across a bug, please let me know.

pereh
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Re: How do you like ElementsXXL?

Post by pereh »

Hello Harald,

how does ElementsXXL differ from 'Elements+ which is around for some years now?

Thank you.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

ElementsXXL offers many features that other products, e.g. Elements+, do not have. Additionally ElementsXXL adds its features directly to the user interface of Photoshop Elements as menu items, icons, buttons and key shortcuts and is not limited to a single dialog that blocks the UI.

All in all, I think, ElementsXXL is much easier and intuitive to use and offers various new features that are not available with any other product. I tried other products and was quite unsatisfied with how they worked and integrated into Photoshop Elements, which was the motivation to develop ElementsXXL.

I could give you more than a dozen examples about what ElementsXXL does better, but here is just one: Other products let you add new types of adjustment layers, but they do not allow editing them. So you have to delete the adjustment layer, recreate it and readjust its settings. This is quite inconvenient, annoying and time consuming. ElementsXXL on the other hand lets you edit the adjustment layers that it adds - you just have to double click their thumbnails in the Layers panel.

Best check it out yourself and compare it to Elements+. You will see the difference. But uninstall or deactivate ElementsXXL when you test the other product, because ElementsXXL does some things in the background. So you may think that it is the other product that does it, while in fact it is ElementsXXL.

Also read the FAQ at
http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/e ... xl/faq.htm
where this question is discussed.

jknights
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by jknights »

+1.
I would love to have a Mac version of ElementsXXL.
:D

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Concerning a Mac version of ElementsXXL see this post.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Have you tried the Image > Trim command that is added by ElementsXXL? Other than this even Photoshop does not have a special auto crop feature as far as I know.

The Trim command removes the unused pixels in all layers, which is probably not what you want. It would certainly be possible to develop an auto crop feature, which only leaves the pixels that are used in all selected layers.

Donald
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Donald »

Regarding, "Third-party filter plugins that are not part of Photoshop Elements, are not applied as smart filters. In this case you are
asked to simplify the layer, which means removing the smart object, in order to apply them
", is it possible that a future version would have this facility enabled?

I am thinking in particular of the Nik bundle of plug-ins. To have these able to be applied as smart filters would be, for me, the absolute pinnacle. I have never seriously considered Photoshop (having been a GIMP user) except for this ability to have Nik Silver Efex Pro2 to be a Smart Filter.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

A future version of ElementsXXL will allow you to apply third-party plugins as smart filters.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

More layer style functionality is planed for a future version, even more than Elements+ currently has. Good to hear that you like it and it makes Photoshop Elements more attractive to you.

Donald
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Donald »

HaraldHeim wrote:A future version of ElementsXXL will allow you to apply third-party plugins as smart filters.
In which case I am even more delighted that I have purchased ElementsXXL. I look forward to that future version.