paths setup

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
Marcra
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

paths setup

Post by Marcra »

Hello all,
let me first say, im from germany, so my english could be better ;)
My excuses.
Im a fairly new user of your ElementsXXL Plugin, which i consider a great extention for PSE.
Now for my question on which i hope im able to make myself understandable:
Im used to save fairly low resolution jpg (1180 x 886px) together with clipping paths.
In "Big Brother" PS CS4 this worked fine and im very happy that ElementsXXL added the paths feature for PSE!
BUT... :) ... with ElementsXXL i make my selection (magic wand, transperancy, selection tool, whatever) and then can click in the Path-Window: "New Path"> "Selection"
The only Problem is that this function softens the path/selection extremely. Tight edges were heavily rounded so that the resulting path is very different from my selection made before.
Is there any option to setup/raise the exactnis of this tool (probably resulting in more Path nodes, but thats ok) ?
I have no workaround for this, as it is the only way i can obtain my selection though saving in jpg-format.
Any help/idea greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Marc

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: paths setup

Post by HaraldHeim »

Right, Photoshop offers a Tolerance dialog for adjusting the smoothness of the path when creating it from a selection. I will try to add this feature to ElementsXXL with the next update too. I hope it is possible.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this!

Marcra
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: paths setup

Post by Marcra »

Thank you very much for your reply.
That would really be a nice addition.
Many thanks
Keep up the great work!
Its a great tool.
Marc