PiCo Help

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
tigger81560

PiCo Help

Post by tigger81560 »

Can someone please help me.....I installed PiCo light awhile back and it worked fine.Now for some reason it won't work and I have unistalled and reinstalled 4 times.I went into the registry and deleted any files left behind from the unistall.I cannot get it to work.When I reinstall and click on the icon it will start to load then i get an error that the editor will not work..This smae thing happened to be when i first installed it along time ago but when i would close that window the main window would open and I would be able to get to my plugins now it doesn;t do that.Also when I close it now 2 files keep popping up on my desktop they are in notepad form one is a list of plugin sites and othe other is the location where I installed the PiCo(which is no longer installed) has anyone had this happen to them and how do i correct this? I have windows XP and my friend also has XP and she has had no problems with it.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to give me.

Carol

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: PiCo Help

Post by HaraldHeim »

Can someone please help me.....I installed PiCo light awhile back and it worked fine.Now for some reason it won't work and I have unistalled and reinstalled 4 times.I went into the registry and deleted any files left behind from the unistall.I cannot get it to work.When I reinstall and click on the icon it will start to load then i get an error that the editor will not work..
This error message indicates that Plugin Commander can't find the files that are necessary for the FF Editor.
Also when I close it now 2 files keep popping up on my desktop they are in notepad form one is a list of plugin sites and othe other is the location where I installed the PiCo(which is no longer installed) has anyone had this happen to them and how do i correct this?
The only way this can happen is when you place the Plugin Commander EXE file on your desktop. You probably have dragged the EXE file to your desktop instead of a shortcut. That also explains why the error message about the not working FF Editor appears.

Please drag the Plugin Commander icon on your desktop back to the Plugin Commander folder and create a "real" shortcut for it.
This smae thing happened to be when i first installed it along time ago but when i would close that window the main window would open and I would be able to get to my plugins now it doesn;t do that.
There is a bug that causes the main window to disappear. Fortunatelly this problem only occurs very seldom and I'm not sure if it is the case for you. Deleting the Plugin Commander registry entries fixes it, but there is also a smarter method:

1. Right click on the Plugin Commander button in the task bar and select "Maximize".
2. The Plugin Commander window will now appear maximized. Simply exit Plugin Commander.
3. Restart Plugin Commander and click on the "Restore Down" button, which is the second button at the outer right of the title bar of the Plugin Commander window.
4. The next time you run Plugin Commander, the main window will appear correctly.