?????????? For all.

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
pikafireball
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

?????????? For all.

Post by pikafireball »

:o I have a ? for all of you.
Back in the old days with psp5, I could change adobe atn files to work in psp5. Now some one tell me I am nuts. because I can not with psp7 or 8.
Can someone tell if they can change atn fils to work in psp7 ,8 and how?
Thanks a million.
http://pikafireball.tripod.com/memories2.jpg

pikafireball
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

picture

Post by pikafireball »

:cry: darn my links seem not to want to work for me today. Darn tripod lol
http://pikafireball.tripod.com/cgi-bin/memories2.jpg
Her is another link for the same picture sry

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

ATN files are Photoshop Action files. They never worked in any other application than Photoshop itself. Maybe your memory is playing tricks on you and you used these files in Photoshop 5 and not Paint Shop Pro 5.

Post by Guest »

No , I do remember very well. I did used to be able to switch them over. Also back then I wrote alot of proggies to changed them over for me. I just didnt want to have to rewrite a proggy just to switch these over. For I lost all my stuff when I left a bad life for a new one.
I collect alot of art tools. True I use both adobe and also paint shop pro and many more proggies. I am just one art nut. so I like all my extras to work for most my art proggies.
I got a good one for you harald, Try making your plugins work in flash. It has been done. but a pain in the rear to do. lol
really what you are doing is writing new plugins to match those that you use. But for other proggies. I know you know what I mean. You are a smart cookie. Also would like to say. Thanks to your site also your know how, us artist can keep going stronge. You do a great job. thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do you mean the ATN files that include some recorded image commands that can be played back to reproduce the same image effect? Maybe there is another ATN file format which does something totally different. Before PSP 8 there was no scripting capability in PSP, so there is no way that you could use these Action files, even if they were somehow converted to PSP standards.

I guess you mean interactive and animated flash effects and not just making my 8bf plugins compatible with Flash to create image effects. I'm no big Flash fan as I never used it nor intend to use it on a web site. In fact I dislike web sites who only offer a Flash version of it and don't think about the people with a slow dial-up connection or people who disabled the ActiveX stuff because of security concerns.

Nevertheless, sounds like a nice idea. Thanks! I guess I will have a look at it soon.

pikafireball
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by pikafireball »

Been a few years, But I do think it was interactive. What I will do is dig out my old copy of paint shop pro 5. believe it or not that made it thru the move with me.lol then give it a go. If my memory serves me right, i will be able to change the files.
Yes I know what you mean by the all flash websites, They can be a pain. I went from high speed adsl to living in the woods and I only have Bad Bad Bad dialup now.
Oh! I didnt notice the on off buttons for html and bcode and smiles.
Thanks for turning the html on.
No I'm not tired all the time, not at all... lol
Also speaking of things. I am working on a nice fractual plugin. one with a random style effect. It is being a pain. Because I want to be able to not only change 3d color effects (environments and textures)but also the shape of the image i am using. So I am setting it as it's own stand alone proggy that can either run thru paint shop pro and also adobe. or open and run on it's own. Yes there is many . Only way to seem to make it work was of course to make it with a whole bunch of 8bf files, to get the effects I need. The layout is not plain at all. has a easy viewing mellow color background, easy on the eyes. that can be changed by the user. Also unlike most plugin proggies this one if set up to be changed around. Like how the tool box is in paint shop all the diffeent parts can be moved around the screen. Also made it for easy opning. makeslife easier when it dont throw everything to the clipboard. So if I hae say three art progies open at once I am not bogged down. When I get down with this, I am going to ofer it as a free pluin progy for peeps.
So wish me luck . lol trying to get all the buggies out of it. also make so it wont get attacked by win32 trogons like most plugins can.
Sorry I like to talk to much. hehehe
Ok I got to run.
Have a nice one.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

All the best for your plugin. If you have finished it, please send me a note. I'd be happy to mention it in the Plugin Newsletter and place a link to it on The Plugin Site.

Post by Guest »

thank you!
will send you a link as soon as I put enough textures with in it. and also shapes and colors.
I think lol. i repeat i think I got all the buggies out. tried it n win98 winxp and winme so far. all good.
Only problem will be uploading it to asite. damn dialup. lol
but give me a week for i ammakingmy own textures and shapes, also might hae to run to town to load it.

pikafireball
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Proggy screen shot

Post by pikafireball »

Here is the link so you can see how much I have done as of today.
Taking awhile to do it, I am a Doctor and all. Just busy busy busy.
Alls I need to do now is finish the buttons, and what you see is not all of them. There is a total of over 5867 of them. As what I said before alot of stuff with in this proggy.
Also got an offer for it. HHHHHMMM the ? is should I sale or should I let it go out for free?
I don't mind sending out as a freebie. Butyou would die ifyou heard how much this one company wants to givefor it.
Also I added a few other things. If you look close see the red button with white alien.. well that whole third row of button is where peeps can load other plugins proggies thru it. also the links can be changed for the buttons, for what other progies they want to use with it. also the buttons , layout and paletes can be changed.
It can be usd for a plugin for paint shop pro, adobe photoshop, swish, flash, normal windows paint also alot more. It can be ran in any windows.
I also am going to include a changer witch will convert for any computer setup. it will even work on the old tandys. isnt that sick? lmao
here is the link tell me what u think.
http://www.stormpages.com/pikapikapika/ ... 20shot.jpg
It is called Frac-Baby.
How I came up with the name my son kepted calling me frac woman.
and i told him he was a baby. So we put the two together. hehe Frac-baby.

pikafireball
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

sry here is the link in html

Post by pikafireball »

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If this is an April joke, it is a few weeks too soon :-)

Post by Guest »

People are to funny online.
I will just get a OPINION from someone that appreciates hard work.
One I am a Doctor. Two I am a well known artist. Just look up the last name Pitt. then just maybe you might know who I really am. I think I will just run my own forum. I and others can take jokes. But I think that last letter was uncalled for.
May god be with you.
Bye

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Well, at first you claim to be able to run atn files in psp5 which simply isn't possible. Then you write about this Frac-Baby plugin with its 5867 buttons which can be run even in Paint (which is delivered with Windows) and old 8-bit computers.

Sorry, but with all of these impossibilities, I can only conclude that you are making a joke or that you don't know what you are talking about. And I rather don't want to think about a third possibility.

pikafireball
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by pikafireball »

Harry,
May I say I have been able to work on and write proggies sience I was 13 years old. I am 34 now.
First computer I ever worked on was the U.S.A government computer.
The other thing. I have over 58 Degrees.
Also to top it off there is more then one way to write proggies of all kinds, And yes you can rewrite atns I know I did it before. It is funny how when someone is taught to do something one way. They think that is the only way.
Also wanted to conclude I also did alot of work for very big gaming companies.
I do know what I am doing.
I am not here to prove nothin to you or anyone else. Just wanted you to take a look at the screen shot.
Oh well if you think I am a april fools joke.
Kind of funny they thought that of me when I was a kid because i took everything apart, then would put what ever it was back together and make it work better with extra parts left over.
to too funny people are.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Well, I wrote my first program with 13, too, and I'm now 29.

Anyway, the screen shot you presented is pure overkill. Overwhelming the user with dozens of buttons isn't good dialog design. Besides I can't see what your tool is supposed to do. There is no hint in the screen shot what it can do.

Some of your replies are very confusingly written while others are quite understandable.

Post by Guest »

I know it is over kill. i was going to change it.
Let me explain.
The program is packed so tight. It does need the buttons, Or a scroll in there for ach of the loaded brushes textures etc. I havent desided yet. Also the brite colors on the proggy as what i said before can be changed by the user at any time.
I will show you a later screen shot once I get a chance to work on it more. To busy at the moment.
Oh what it can do. just about anything. you would have to try it out, once I am done. To many things to explain.
Oh by the way. yes true sometimes i get to tired and then try to write . and half the time i look back and it is like what the hell was i writing . lol
right now, i am about ready to pull my hair out my screen desided to crap out on me so everything is blue and yellow lol. then to boot my keyboard(new one) desided it dont like me typing. lmao .. it is the damn keys . dont ask it is just crap...lmao. my nice new screen will be here in three days and also another keyboard. lmao.
oh this has been a week to remember.
I do thank you for your opinion. that is all I was looking for.
and yes when and if i get my screen and keyboard.....sigh!!! lol.
you should be able to test drive my proggy for me. lol
really I dont mind you giving it a go at all.

himself0314
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by himself0314 »

I think pikafireball might be poking fun at your software interface, Harald, with his [crack] baby application. Eh, I dunno really..

http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/index.htm

hehe