Photo Repeat Plugin by HumanSoftware?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
rubyburns
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Photo Repeat Plugin by HumanSoftware?

Post by rubyburns »

Does anyone have this plugin? I bought and downloaded it last week and I swear, I can't make head nor tails of it! I read the .pdf manual that it comes with and still can't figure out how to make this thing work! And, I don't consider myself a dumb person :o

Here is the url to take a look: www.humansoftware.com.

I thought this plugin had great possibilities. But, at this point, I am about to give up and ask for a refund.

Thanks! Ruby

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You should at least contact HS and explain your problem. If they can't help you, you can still decide if you want a refund.

The problem with HS is that they don't offer any demo versions of their products, so potential customers can't test them and make a good purchase decision.

If you are looking for an alternative, have a look at HyperTyle at www.thepluginsite.com/products/hypertyle/. It offers some of the options of PhotoRepeat and many other features that PhotoRepeat doesn't have. And it costs only half as much.

rubyburns
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rubyburns »

Thanks, Harold.

I have contacted them but haven't heard back as yet.

I just wish I had checked here before running headlong into this purchase.

The other trouble is that I keep getting general protection faults from within PSP when I try to figure this plugin out. That has never happened on any other plugin I have. I have the latest version of PSP (7.04) plus a 3mo. old computer.

I agree - they should certainly offer a demo. But, in my opinion, if they did that - at least on this plugin - no one would buy it.

Ruby

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I never tested any HS software (guess why?), so I don't know how compatible their plugins are with other applications than Photoshop. There are a few plugin companies that only seem to care about Photoshop. I have no idea if HS is among them.

rubyburns
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rubyburns »

Well, this is the 2nd day and I still haven't heard from HS. I have a bad feeling that I'm not going to get my money back.

I'd like to send you this plugin to TEST then maybe you can help me figure it out plus you can tell the other members about it :-)

Post by Guest »

I spent 100.00 on thier text on a curve plugin and I have not been able to figure it out either........and that was over a year ago . :roll:

Roo
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by Roo »

OOps! I always forget to login when I post a reply! :oops:

rubyburns
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rubyburns »

Well, thank goodness - at least that makes me feel that its just NOT ME :lol:

Did you ask for a refund and get one?? If not, you know you should have!

I think they are based in CA but it sure seems to me - from reading the manual - that someone there is foreign. I may be completely wrong but I just get that impression since some of the text just doesn't sound like was written by someone in this country.

I wrote and told them that they definitely need tuts on their website and that their manual was awful.

Ruby

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I managed to get hold of a trial version of PhotoRepeat and tested it. Now I can understand why Ruby has so many problems with using this plugin. In fact I guess I have just as much problems with it as Ruby, although I probably have more experience with such things.

Oh boy... I now understand why they don't offer any trial version for download, although they created such trial versions. I suspect that they made the experience that sales went down when offering trial versions of their products for download.

What I don't like about PhotoRepeat is:

1. I can't find an option to open your own textures or images.
2. They only included less than 100 patterns or other graphics.
3. The plugin works quite slow.
4. The dialogs don't look professionally designed.
5. It offers some kind of layer feature, but I still haven't figures out how to make it work.
6. There are some cut-out graphics included, but they aren't cut out professionally. You can see hard edges in a lot of them.
7. $100 is much too expensive concerning the overall quality of the product.
8. You can produce the same effects in PSP or Photoshop much more conveniantly without this plugin.

Honestly, I get quite annoyed if other plugin developers release high-priced products that I myself would be ashamed to even release as freeware. Especially if they don't offer any demo version and don't respond to their customers requests.

Sage

Human Software

Post by Sage »

Sadly, this isn't the first such time I've heard of such comments about HS. I belong to several e-mail groups and have heard the same stories with Photospray and Photoweave.

The site, their leaflets and software packages look and seem very professional, it is just a shame that their products and service are not.

I personally wrote to HS in December, with finely detailed complaints and pointing out blatent errors within their help files/tutorials and a program fault. I kept resending the enquiry and finally got a reply (unsatisfactory)some 9 weeks later.

If all vendors were as amiable and knowledgeable as Harald, then we wouldn't have to waste our money on useless products. HS have great ideas but need to make their products, instruction and service far more customer friendly.

It is only by sharing views (both good and bad) with the graphics community that we can all strive to improve our own customer service and products. Let's hope HS take note.

Best wishes,
Sage.
www.photoshopgraphics.co.uk.

Photofix
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Human Software

Post by Photofix »

Hi,
Well, since the subject has come up, I would like to add my 2 cents here...I purchased the Auto Mask 4.6 from Human Software not too long ago. I have tried and tried to use the thing with terrible results...If I want to mask the foreground the background gets masked and if I want to mask the background, well, you get the picture. I have read and reread the 4 page PDF but I must not be able to read between the lines enough :lol:
But to give credit where it is due..I also have the Auto Correct plug-in from them and I love it. It can do the shadows just right with the default settings.
I guess I'll just stick with the PS6&7 quick mask and the extract filter.
Thanks,
Photofix
www.photorepaircentral.com

rubyburns
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rubyburns »

Photofix,

Did you get a refund for the unsatisfactory plugin?

I am hoping I don't have to struggle with HS to get a refund for Photo Repeat. I will be pleasantly surprised if a refund comes through my credit card without my having to contest the charge :roll:

Ruby