Xero-like Filters for Mac?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Xero-like Filters for Mac?

Post by jones »

Alas, I must give up my trusty old (emphasis on "old") PC for a new Mac. I will really miss a couple of the utilities that are available only to PC, most notably some of the Xero filters for Photoshop. There must be a way to duplicate some of the effects, if I say which ones can anyone help me figure it out?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The easiest solution would be to install Windows on your Mac, either in a virtual machine or as a dual boot option.

jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by jones »

HaraldHeim wrote:The easiest solution would be to install Windows on your Mac, either in a virtual machine or as a dual boot option.
I agree. Except it would also be the most expensive option, unless I went back to a much earlier version of Photoshop for the Windows, unless there is a way around having to have Photoshop on the Windows side. I ask because I don't know about this.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

There are several freeware applications that let you run Photoshop plugins under Windows. See here for some:
http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/p ... bility.htm

My recommendation would be XnView or IrfanView.

jones
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by jones »

thanks, Harold. I was hoping to avoid loading Windows on my new Mac. Maybe I'll just hang onto the PC for times when I want to use the Xero filters.