PSP & noise ninja

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
okiebirdnerd
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PSP & noise ninja

Post by okiebirdnerd »

Hi,
I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit PC. I am using PSPX2 ultimate. I have spent hours trying to figure out why my Noise Ninja camera profile info won’t show under the annotation tabs within Noise Ninja. It says below that it Auto Profiled but there isn’t any exif info. It only shows how many MP the pic is. I have double checked and all my profiles are in the right place and when NN is opened it does an auto profile but no info is shown.
I will be terribly disappointed if the Noise Ninja program won’t work after paying 70.00 for the program. :x
Any help would be appreciated.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you sure that the images contain EXIF info? It may have been stripped away by a previous conversions step.

okiebirdnerd
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

no exif in noise ninja w/pspx2ultimate

Post by okiebirdnerd »

:roll: Yes I'm sure. I can right click on a thumbnail in the folder and read everything there. These are unedited straight from the camera.

okiebirdnerd
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by okiebirdnerd »

I was going to upload a screen capture but you don't allow it. :( [/url]

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Have you tried getting support from the makers of Noise Ninja?

okiebirdnerd
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by okiebirdnerd »

yes,they say it is PSPX2. :(

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Right, PSP does not let plugins access EXIF information. Only Photoshop (and probably Photoshop Elements) does. PSP also does not supply the path to the image file, so it is also not possible to get the EXIF from the image file itself.

okiebirdnerd
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PSP won't let plugins access EXIF information

Post by okiebirdnerd »

Is that something Corel will be correcting in the near future? I regret buying x2 because of that:(
thank you for your time.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I would not count on Corel fixing it. You can download the trial version of PSP X4 and see yourself if the EXIF information is already passed to Noise Ninja.

For several years all Corel image applications (PSP, Photo-Paint and PhotoImpact) do not let you process 16-bit images with Photoshop plugins, although it would be relatively easy to add support for that. So to me it does not look as if Corel is really enthusiastic about making their product support Photoshop plugins better.

okiebirdnerd
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

do not let you process 16-bit images with Photoshop plugins

Post by okiebirdnerd »

I guess Corel either doesn’t care or even realizes how much business they are losing by not making their product compatible with PS plugins and or EXIF info.
If I’d downloaded my copy of PSPX2 and not purchased it at a store I would be getting my money back from Corel. 70.00 plus tax. Now I’m stuck with a program taking up space on my hard drive.
On DPReview I read that people say they like X2 better than X3. I don’t remember their reasons because it didn’t pertain to my problem. I think if X3 was compatible there would be a lot of talk about it..Thanks for getting back with me.
:wink: