FilterFactory

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
alexxx
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

FilterFactory

Postby alexxx » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 am

Hello Group,
I am a complete newbie in graphic processing, but I badly need to perform some filtering on a sequence of images (I acquired by Kerr microscopy).

In the Adobe forum where I first asked for some hints http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608792?tstart=0 , I recognized at the end a helpful suggestion, which required however the use of FilterFactory - unknown to me.
Browsing around it seems to me that it isnt available anymore (I use CS4), but I found a possible compatible replacement named FilterFoundry.
Having installed it, however, made my CS4 crash whenever I try to use it.

So, 2 fundamental questions, answer at least one and you win a cheesecake ;-)

1) how to find a compatible FilteFactory/FilterFoundry/whatever?

2) how alternatively solve my microscope images processing ? I include my original question here for your convenience...

thank you people!

alessandro

---------

I have a set of graylevel images (successive microscope acquisitions), and some of those are - on the average - brighter, or darker.

I'd like to choose a reference point (say the top-left pixel) on all the images, and change their brightness so that all the images are the same gray value at that point.

I want to make sure that I do not stretch or deform their histogram, since it contains important informations, so I guess it should be some kind of histogram translation.

Finally, since the images are many, it is an operation that I should be able to convert into an Action, so it cannot involve any manual slider settings...

do you think it is possible???

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Under Windows the best Filter Factory alternative is www.filtermeister.com
If you are on a Mac, better contact the Filter Foundry developer and ask him to fix the problem.

Return to “Photoshop-compatible Plugins”