Uninstall ERROR's In Plugin Commander Lite!!! 911 HELP!!!

Comments and discussions about Plugin Commander
Ron

Uninstall ERROR's In Plugin Commander Lite!!! 911 HELP!!!

Post by Ron »

I installed PLUGIN COMMANDER LITE to edit and resave my filters
for Paintshop Pro. They edited and worked fine untill I got them as I wanted them, then decided I didn't need the plugin commander on my system as I had eveything adjusted as I liked. So, I removed PLUGIN COMMANDER LITE from my system (VIA: REMOVER INSTALLED PROGRAMS) only to find the uninstall removed a file called: OLEAUT32.DLL)
This is a shared file used by other programs on my system. I found out I
could download the file from the internet by doing a search for the file update
under OLEAUT32.DLL. Thank god someone else has had the problem with the removal of this same file and put it up for downloads on the net or I would have had to reinstall my operations system ( NOT FUN) and return it to my WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ directory.. Then I could recover my other programs.
All goood!! Got my system back right... NOT!!!!!!

Then I find out that Paintshop Pro and other paint programs can not access my personal filters... CRAP!!!! The paint programs reported
that my filters are not at the location as stated in my program configuration or part of the support files needed are not available.
CRAP!!!!!!!!!

So the olny way I could recover my filters.. Which worked fine before
without being edited by Plugin Commander Lite... Was to reinstall Plugin
Commander Lite to my system... Then I could recover my personal filters with other programs. U guys in the programing department need to take
a good hard look at the unstall for the program cause some BIG CRAP HERE GUY's!!! This sucks..

HELP!!!!! Being held hostage by a freaking program!!

Write responce to : KD4GOK@HOTMAIL.COM

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Memphis..

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your feedback. Please accept our deepest apologies for the problems.

The Plugin Commander uninstall tool should not remove the Oleaut32.dll. Noone ever reported that it does that. Usually it isn't possible, because Windows has this file in use all of the time.

We heard about the removal of the Msvcrt10.dll by the Plugin Commander uninstall tool. We planned to fix that with the next version.

However, I will see that the problems are fixed and that a new Plugin Commander Light setup without these problems is uploaded within a few days.
Last edited by HaraldHeim on Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I forgot. To fix the problem install Plugin Commander Light again and only delete the Plugin Commander Light folder. This will keep all files that were installed to the Windows System folder untouched.

Ron

Delete Folder

Post by Ron »

Thanks Harold... Only problem then is Plugin Commander shows to be a installed program still on my system...? I can't understand why when I
use the uninstall that it renders my plugins useless?? Kinda strange.. Welll
at least that tells me a way to get the program off my system and still use my filters in Paintshop Pro.. Thanks for a very nice filter editor...
Guess when u guys get the bugs out in the new version I will reinstall
it and then uninstall it to get it off my installed programs list on the system.
No big deal....
If it removes my OLEAUT32.DLL file from my system directory of Windows
again no big deal... I have it now on back up rom... Thanks also for a prompt responce to my problem.. Didn't have anyother problems with using
the software other then getting it off my system at the end.. Best wishes
Harold..

Ron..Memphis..

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

For removing the Plugin Commander Light entry from the Add/Remove Programs control panel see here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247501