Problems with Flaming Pear

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Sheridan Martin

Problems with Flaming Pear

Post by Sheridan Martin »

I'm having problems with Flaming Pear plugs in Win XP on Photoshop 7.

When I go to make changes to the drop down selection in many of them from Default or Normal to other settings they will freeze up and Win XP wants to send messages home to Seattle. Almost every Photoshop 7 is blown away and I have to start over.

What gives.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I haven't tried the Flaming Pear plugins under XP yet, so I don't know if this happens on all computers.

Even if Flaming Pear isn't very responsive, you should try to contact them. Only they can release an update that fixes the problem.

Sheridan Martin

Flaming Pear going down in Flames

Post by Sheridan Martin »

I wrote to Flaming Pear and got a response asking for more and detailed information. I sent them the information including screen shots from what it looked like when it locked up.
:o
I've not heard back from them since. So I wondered what others had experienced. That's why I posted the question. See the response from Lloyd Burchill below. They just have never followed up since I sent them the detailed descriptions. :evil:

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. I can probably fix the problem if I have
more info.

>It is only when some of their features are called upon that they flake out.
Which features?
What version of the software are you using? The version umber is part
of the filter's filename.

http://www.flamingpear.com/version-example.html

Best regards,
Lloyd Burchill

:o

himself0314
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by himself0314 »

Are your random freezings limited to only this photoshop plugin?