Filters and Windows 7

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
hissparrow
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Filters and Windows 7

Post by hissparrow »

Hi, I recently got a new computer with windows 7 32 bit. I have used PSP for YEARS and have never had a problem. Today I tried to open an exe file to run Filter Attacks in PSP and am unable to open the file at all.

It says the file is incompatible. However, I DO have the filter itself that I saved separately, but it also tells me the necessary dll file is unavailable. Is there somewhere I can find the dlls to correct this problem?

Please, if there is anyone out there that can help me I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks for looking, have a wonderful day and God bless.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If you did not run the Filter Attacks installation, please do that. It may install the missing dll file.

hissparrow
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by hissparrow »

Hi Harry, thanks for replying. I guess I didn't explain myself very well, sorry.

I did run the exe program for installing the filter. The stooopid computer doesn't recognize or won't allow the installation. It says it's not a 32 or 64 bit program and to contact the program's administrator/author for the correct one.

When I migrated the actual filter from where I had it stored and installed it into the plugins folder in PSP 9 and tried to use it within the program, that is where I found out I needed a particular dll. Not sure which one though, or if it even said which one.

It's really bugging me a lot cuz I LOVE filters and would really like to be able to use them again.

I read in one of your previous posts/replies, I think from July maybe, something about filtermeister and dlls. The guy you were replying to said he had "all the dlls" he needed, so that was why I asked on here, if someone had an answer for me.

God bless

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It seems the installer is 16-bit, which means that it is very old. Vista and 7 do not run 16-bit programs anymore.

You can find a list of .dll files installed by Filter Attacks at
http://www.juergens-workshops.de/board/ ... -5033.html
You need to copy these files from your old computer to your new one.

hissparrow
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by hissparrow »

Hello and thanks again for the quick reply. Great advice about pulling the dlls from my old computer. Unfortunately, I don't have access to it at this time, but thanks for reminding me about doing that.

Wish I would have had the forthought to do that to begin with. But sometimes the simple things slip your mind.

Have a great day and God bless.