FocalBlade specific discussions
EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Setting Preferences in FocalBlade2

Post by EricG »

Hi

I have noticed two slightly irritating aspects of FocalBlade2:-

1. There doesn't seem to be a way of saving a preset so that the split screen opens automatically.

2. Saved presets do not appear the list of options in preferences.

This slows down the use of FB when processing large numbers of images.

Any comments?
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Setting Preferences in FocalBlade2

Post by HaraldHeim »

EricG wrote:1. There doesn't seem to be a way of saving a preset so that the split screen opens automatically.
This is by design. Presets do not influence the split view and other fundamental options. They only change the effect settings. Do you want different presets to display different split view options?
2. Saved presets do not appear the list of options in preferences.
Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean. Please explain more detailed.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Hi

I would like to have been able to have the split screen on and save it as part of the default, as I always use it.

I expected my saved settings to appear in the list in "Options" rather than having to load one each time I use it.

I incorporate FB into several of my Photoshop Actions for batch processing and need different settings for each Action. At the moment I cannot see how I can achiever this.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

When you record an action, the FocalBlade settings are stored in the action. When you record another action, other FocalBlade settings are recorded in the new action. So depending on the action you play back, FocalBlade will use different settings.

What do you mean with "Options"? There is no UI element in FocalBlade 2 that has that name.

Do you want the split view setting to be recorded in actions and played back by them? At the moment it is not done.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Sorry, I meant Preferences.

Regarding the Actions in Photoshop I didn't realise that when contained within an action FB will use the settings as saved in the action. That would seem to resolve that issue.
EricG

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I guess you expected FocalBlade 2 to behave as Version 1. But as FocalBalde 2 is fully supports scripting, it is now possible to record and play back its settings with actions.

EricG
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by EricG »

Yes, I have to confess that I haven't been very active photographically since the release of version 2 so obviously I need to study it more carefully.
EricG