Flaming Pear Flood plug-in

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Journey13
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Journey13 »

Please somebody help me :sad:
I have been using "Flood" plug-in for months and months now, but last week it suddenly quit working for me. It lets me open it and preview what my image would look like, but when I click OK to apply it to my picture, nothing happens. The progress bar scans across the bottom but no change is made. I have emailed Flaming Pear about 5 times but I have not gotten a single response. I am thinking the registration got corrupted somehow, so I deleted everything in my computer I thought was associated with "Flood", then I redownloaded. Still will not work, and is still registered. I am at the end of my rope. Can anyone help me please?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like a serious problem. Maybe one of the settings causes this problems. Did you try to reset everything to the default value?

But maybe the problem is with the registration code. You could try to find the Flood key in the registry and delete it. Then you should be able to enter the registration code again.

Nanson
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Nanson »

Try using file find to find the cached settings for Flood. They should be in a temp folder. Delete those before you reinstall Flood.

Journey13
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Journey13 »

I tried looking for the registration code in the registry, it found nothing :sad:
I am not sure how to set everything to default level, it doesn't give me many options. Any other ideas??

Journey13
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Journey13 »

Oh, and I deleted absolutely everything to do with Flood from my computer, including the cached files. I even deleted everything from the registry that had flood in the label. After that I rebooted a couple times, then redownloaded Flood. It still shows up as registered, and still non-working. :sad:

Journey13
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

UPDATE!!

Post by Journey13 »

Well, I still don't know what went wrong, but I am now using Flood again! I found an older copy of it on a storage CD-R disc I made, and I let it overwrite all the files in my Flood folder in PSP, and when I opened PSP it worked great! (Same thing goes for Melancholytron and Hue and Cry as they were also not functioning anymore). If anyone out there comes across this same problem, I would be happy to share my Flood folder files with you :wink:

jonspain

same experiences

Post by jonspain »

Well, flamingpear refusing to reply sounds familiar! I had the same thing with SuperBladePro and I have deleted everything and still failed. I've downloaded a much newer version and I shall try that but I'm not counting on it. Why are they so good at taking money but nor replying to support requests?

Cam2

Flaming Pear problems

Post by Cam2 »

This appears to be a widespread problem, it appears FP have shifted the goalposts when it comes to the new set of updates, so that previously registered versions that worked no longer work when the new versions are copied across. It appears they will indeed read as registered and the plugin opens but will not transfer the effect to the work. You may find sometimes they will work and other times they wont, it`s extremely
frustrating. Let us hope the problem can be solved soon. Cam2 :roll:

emerald_angel_1975
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by emerald_angel_1975 »

I'm having the same problem with all Flaming Pear plugins EXCEPT Flood and Super Blade Pro. It has only happened since I downloaded and installed the updated files. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and nothing. I'm going to go find my cdr with the old files on it and see if that will help. I don't use them often but Aetherize is my favorite :lol:

Cam2

Continuing Problems with Updated Flaming Pear Plugins

Post by Cam2 »

This is still an issue for me too, ever since the last updates came along it appears a good majority of the plugins are rendered inoperative. They show as registered and open up fine and yet still they resist the coaxing to work all the time. Has anyone isolated the key in the registry which can be removed in order to re-register once more?. Flexify is fine, Flood is fine, most of the Designer Sextet periodically fails and Hue and Cry is the
same also. It`s clearly a corruption which comes into play the moment you copy updates over the old versions. I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, if you are installing flaming pear plugins for the first time this would not be an issue. Cam2 :(

dbpvr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by dbpvr »

well personally i sent FP an email also they never replied yet and that was 3 months ago now I want my money back and as far as I'm concerned they can keep their software with no support

Ironically my lawyer received a reply within 2 hours where they tried to tell him there are no grounds for them to refund my money

another ripoff company but they will pay cus my lawyer was so pissed off at them he's going after them pro bono

[edit] reg settings can be found here
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMMENU.WMenuCtrl.2\CLSID29]
Last edited by dbpvr on Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I heard that Flaming Pear would rather refund your money than offer support. So maybe you will get your money back if you stay insistant.

Flaming Pear is certainly not a rip-off company. They produce very nice plugins and have a lot of satisfied customers. But their lack of response to people who have problems with their plugins can certainly be frustrating...

dbpvr
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by dbpvr »

HaraldHeim wrote:I heard that Flaming Pear would rather refund your money than offer support. So maybe you will get your money back if you stay insistant.

Flaming Pear is certainly not a rip-off company. They produce very nice plugins and have a lot of satisfied customers. But their lack of response to people who have problems with their plugins can certainly be frustrating...
well any company that does not offer suport for their products are in my eyes a rip off. besides they should develop copyright protection they'd make a fortune LoL seems they are better at that than offering support

Natalie_ca
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Natalie_ca »

I'm having the same problem with several of my Flaming Pear Plugins.

The following plugins do not work at all. They used to but now they do absolutely nothing. No errors, nothing. And when I go to "Edit/Undo" it doesn't even indicate that the filter was even attempted.

I have deleted the registry keys in the following path:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMMENU.WMenuCtrl.2\CLSID29]

My other Flaming Pear plugins work. But these ones do not.

Silver
Aetherize
Flexity
Flood
Glare
Hue and Cry
India Ink

I have deleted the registry keys found in the following path, but that hasn't helped. My filters still appear to be registered and I can't enter the registration keys again.

What other keys do I have to delete in order to get all of those plugins working again?

Natalie_ca
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Natalie_ca »

Ok. I found a solution.

It seems that Flaming Pear not only saves a registry key for the registration number in the registry, but also a cache of general settings.

The general settings are located in the following registry path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>software>Jasc>Paint Shop Pro >JascCmdPluginHost>Flaming Pear

The paint shop pro entry should have the # version behind it..and the flaming pear entries will have each plugin name behind it.

I went to the Paint Shop Pro v8 one and first right clicked each key folder and picked "Export" the file and saved it with it's name, and then deleted the key.

Always "Export" a registry key to a folder on your desktop just in case you make a boo-boo and need to put the key back!!

Anyway, after I did that, for good measure I went and uninstalled and reinstalled the offending Flaming Pear plugins.

When I tried to use the plugins, I didn't get asked to re-enter the registration code. But the plugins now work!

So it seems that there must have been a cache of some kind in those folders inside the registry that needed to be deleted.