PS Scripting and FF Plugins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
davcon1
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PS Scripting and FF Plugins

Post by davcon1 »

I am using VB Scripting with PS7 in order to run PS actions on hundreds of images in batch. Many of the actions I want to run include FilterFactory plugins which display a modal settings diabox prior to the filter being applied. I need a way to automatically accept the defaut settings without having to manually hit 'OK' for each image to be processed.

If I create an action that uses one of the PS filters (DryBrush for example), the settings get stored as paramaters within the action, but this is not the case for FF plugins so the diabox appears each time it is run.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

thx -dc :-?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Pro Edition of Plugin Commander (http://www.plugincommander.com) offers an option called "No Dialog" under File > Preferences > FF/TF. If you activate it, you can create FF plugins that show no dialog and apply the default effect immediately.

After you activated the "No dialog" check box, you can double click a FF plugin to display it in the FF Editor. You can adjust the slider settings as you like in the F FEditor. With the "Save As" button you can overwrite the old plugin with the new one that shows no dialog. If you want to turn more than a few FF plugin into dialogless versions and don't need to change the default slider settings, you can also use the Convert command in Plugin Commander Pro.

By the way, why do you need VB Scripting to batch process several images with actions? Photoshop already provides the File > Automate > Batch command to do that.

davcon1
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by davcon1 »

>>offers an option called "No Dialog"<<

Thanks Harald - works like a charm

>>By the way, why do you need VB Scripting to batch process several images with actions? <<

I am automating a production process within my db environment (Commence) allowing me to select the image filter on a Commence form which then calls a Commence 'form on save' script to copy the image files to a 'process' directory and then call the PS filter to apply (loop) to each image in the dir.

Thanks again for a great site with great support!