CS5 64Bit Plug ins

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
Branlew
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

CS5 64Bit Plug ins

Post by Branlew »

Windows 7 Home Premium. CS5 64 Bit
I have used Photoshop for several years and have recently started using CS5. I downloaded all the "Harry's" Plug-ins and I can only get the Filters to actually show in CS5. I have only ever used the filters and so I may be missing something. I have unzipped into individual "Harry's" folder and added as an extra plug-in folder. Then I tried the same folder within the original Plug-in folder and although the files are all there, again only Filters is available in the actual application. Where am I going wrong please?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: CS5 64Bit Plug ins

Post by HaraldHeim »

You need to double click HarrysFilters40.exe and run the installation.

Branlew
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Branlew »

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I may have mangled the question! The Harry's Filters work fine as they always have. I have unzipped the Frames and Edges, Transitions and also Edges, into appro folders and followed install instructions for each but I cannot see any indication on how to access them from CS5 as they don't show up anywhere except for the folders where they are installed.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Here are instructions for using the edges in Photoshop:
http://www.thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tu ... yingps.htm

The transitions are actually meant for image editing applications. For experimental effects you can also open these files in Photoshop, place them on a new layer and choose a blend mode or use them as layer masks.

Branlew
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Branlew »

Thanks for the advice. Easy when you know how! Very effective. :)