newbie - need a plugin or some simple advice

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
mikew
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by mikew »

I need a utility - action or plugin that could insert the filename (path optionally) in a text field of an open image.... anyone have some ideas how I could do this?

thanks, mike

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I'm not sure what you mean with "text field of an open image".

mikew
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by mikew »

I guess I really meant a text layer.... I can automatically increase the canvas size at the bottom of an image and insert a new text layer, but would like to automatically insert the image filename in that text layer.[/quote]

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

So you want to stamp the file name on the image itself, right? I never heard of a plugin that does that and it certainly isn't possible with an action. But there should be a standalone application available that lets you do that.

I just checked ThumbsPlus from http://www.cerious.com. Thumbs Plus lets you apply a filter called Image Stamp in Batch Mode. That filter lets you place another image or a line of text on a series of images. However, it doesn't have a feature for automatically using the file name instead of the text line.